- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Markets Post-Trade Java Developer - 90229068
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:25 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Markets Post-Trade Java Developer
Prague, Czech Republic
Barclays has long been an acknowledged leader in advanced equity products and services. We deliver a full range of client-focused capabilities through dedicated professionals specializing in research and market intelligence, trade insight and execution, origination, syndicate and corporate access, and trade management & servicing.
The Post Trade -TPE Technology is a premier global equities franchise made possible by the best-in-class equities technology platform, providing unparalleled speed, scale, stability, and functionality, created by the b MOCHA is the strategic platform for Middle Office operations and at the heart of Barclays Equities. It handles all of the Equity Cash trades done by Barclays and is deployed in three locations: New York, Hong-Kong and London. The team is 50-strong and spread across four locations (Prague, Pune, New York and London).
MOCHA employs an SOA architecture with the server-side components built in Java, using state-of-the-art technologies such as an in-house low-latency ring-buffer implementation, to name but one.
MOCHA has a C# GUI that uses Google Protobuf encoded messages over Solace middleware for communication with the server-side SOA components, which use a state-of-the-art non-DB indexing technology to quickly respond to user queries, which can be done on any field and for a long range of dates.
MOCHA receives and handles millions of trades per day, coming from various exchange- and broker-facing applications in the bank, it enriches them, generates further trades, carries out aggregation and feeds various systems for real-time position and risk management, client booking, settlement as well as sub-1 minute Regulatory reporting.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
est people inspired to contribute to a single global equities team.
What will you be doing?
The person fulfilling this role will be responsible for developing and enhancing the Java server-side components of this new and strategic application. You will:
• Design and develop business and non-functional features in Java technologies
• Work closely with the global development team
• Learn the Cash Equities business and regulations
• Liaise with business analysts and operations to understand the requirements
• Follow well organized and tight development processes utilizing Agile/Scrum and test- driven development principles to ensure high code quality and 0-defect strategy
• Use dev toolsets such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, TeamCity
• Work closely with testing and support teams throughout the project phases
• Help application support teams to investigate production issues and do improvements to make the platform stable, maintainable and resilient
• Work within a globally distributed teams to deliver changes in the application.
• Work with business analysts and Traders to clarify requirements and to solicit feedback on the system. In addition, the candidate should be a self starter who can drive to clarify designs and requirements if they are insufficiently detailed.
What we’re looking for:
• Willingness to learn and pick up new skills quickly
• Strong experience in Java advanced concepts and OOP patterns
• Unit testing
• Good understanding of technologies such as Linux, Maven, JMS, Spring, GIT
• Ability to work on multiple tasks
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in working with a diverse team spread across the globe
• Understanding of middleware technologies, such as Solace / MQ / TIBCO RV
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Agile development (Scrum methodology)
Where will you be
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.