- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Abbott Logistics Nutrition Organization has an unwavering ambition to deliver on its promise of superior customer service, in a cost-effective environment. Primary in this ambition is our drive to operate a world-class supply chain, recognized by optimal resource planning and comprehensive problem solving. In the mix of people, processes and systems, it is critical to develop and nurture strong communication networks that ensure transparency between affiliates and planning centers for all supply chain issues.
The Master Scheduling team is an important radar in the Abbott Logistics Nutrition Organization. The team is responsible for planning the production (3,5 billion USD) in the ‘international’ factories of Abbott Nutrition, of which four are based in Europe, one in Singapore, one in India and one in China (the latter two are directly planned in the Asia region). The master schedule is based on the demand planning of 60-80 affiliates.
Overall purpose is to ensure that the right product is available at the right time, location at the lowest cost.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of a valid 24-month replenishment plan for the assigned plant(s). Focus within the replenishment plan lies on optimizing inventory levels and identifying well in time potential supply risks and acting upon these risks with mitigating plans. Involving the relevant stakeholders in driving solution. This is done by using Planning tools, where parameters are optimized to support the master schedulers’ objective.
To ensure the correct input variables are taken into account, the Master Scheduler needs to liaise on a regular basis with the assigned plants, procurement, New Product Introduction and other relevant contacts. If needed the Master Scheduler needs to be able to escalate supply events and/or potential supply risks to the relevant stakeholders.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for driving the relevant decision making, explaining and where needed, defending the replenishment plans.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a valid 24-month replenishment plan for all assigned plants to conform to business strategies, financial and throughput plans, capacity constraints and the target inventory profiles
- Optimize the firming of the supply as it crosses the time fence for all items included in assigned plants, i.e. sent the plant orders to the factories on a weekly basis
- Perform regular communication with manufacturing sites, to ensure close collaboration and to achieve alignment on supply chain topics such as inventory, capacity, constraints and NPI’s.
- Optimize inventory levels through monitoring and conducting monthly review of safety stocks, Minimum Order Quantities and campaigning rules, to identify and implement improvement opportunities across the supply chain
- Review key performance indicators monthly, identify opportunities to improve performance, and execute implementation of improvements
- Participate in the development and execution of plans to ensure on time introduction of new products and new activities
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with ALOG personnel, manufacturing plants, and divisional groups
- Develop innovative process and system improvements, by means of LSS methodologies
- Assure compliance with local and Abbott quality, financial, and regulatory rules, policies, and procedures
- Support product launches (coordinate launch with project leads and plants, first production, define lead times, and demand management of old vs. new codes).
- 5% travelling
What kind of background we are looking for?
Professional knowledge in a technical, scientific or specialized field built on an understanding of the theoretical concepts and principles and their context. This knowledge is typically acquired through professional qualification and/or through practical experience.
- Master degree, typically in Supply Chain Management, Production Operations Management, Logistics Management
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably in Supply Chain Planning
- A good understanding of SAP APO/S&OP/ERP planning systems and business applications is vital
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required to facilitate information flow across internal and external supply chain (incl. executive level), fluently in English and Dutch preferred
- Strong team building and communication skills are required to provide support to Master Scheduling team and other internal and external business partner
- Strong network skills are required to facilitate effective working relationships with manufacturing sources, procurement, and other supply chain partners
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills are required to ensure timely and effective solutions to scheduling and inventory management issues
- Creative and strong analytical skills are critical for issue resolution, planning, inventory management, and KPI analysis
- Innovative skills and initiative are required to identify, advise on and implement business process improvements
- Strong business intelligence skills needed to process and understand and explain data
- Result driven, proven experience in a dynamic environment and a high level of integrity
What do we offer?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits (for example: holiday bonus, 13th month salary, Individual Choice Benefits) a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
Netherlands Zwolle : Meeuwenlaan 4
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.