- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
An external and internal facing role that provides medical and clinical expertise in priority therapeutic areas and builds AZ scientific leadership. Medical advisor is responsible to medical plan preparation. In addition, the Medical Advisor will input into Brand Strategy and LCM and take the lead in the design and implementation of medical activities aligned with Brand Strategy. The role focuses on the development of professional relationships with KEE, building deep scientific understanding of AstraZeneca compounds by engaging KEE in study, scientific exchange meetings and advisory board meetings. Further internal accountabilities include the delivery of medical education and clinical support to medical professionals, training sales teams and involvement in development of brand strategy.
There are 4 levels in medical advisor role, i.e. associate medical advisor, medical advisor, Sr. medical advisor and principal medical advisor.
Medical advisors are expected to have at least 2 years’ experience of medical affairs as (associate) medical advisor or medical liaison in CV field and proven record of success (internally or externally).
To establish AstraZeneca as a scientific leader through proactive, updated and effective Medical input
Develop and implement the local medical plan to address unmet medical needs in priority disease areas and ensure alignment with the brand plan.
· Provide medical input for the development of company’s Brand plans
· Provide the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitive intelligence
· Develop and implement pre-launch medical plan/activities for new products at least 2 years prior to the planned launch in the country to address key clinical and scientific challenges
· Provide medical leadership on faculty and content development for medical programmes including national congresses, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings, publications, CMEs to meet identified needs
· Provide medical input to global protocols, study feasibility and local customer’s research initiatives.
Provide medical input into the Life Cycle Management of priority brands and TAs to meet unmet medical needs
Participate as key member of brand team as strategic partner towards LCM actions
· Develop NIS or registry studies to address unmet medical needs
· Initiate discussions with customers to develop studies that will fulfil global and local business strategies.
Governanceandensuring overalladherenceto processesandregulation
· Provide medical input to the creation, development and agreement of promotional material and ensure all material is in line with internal SOPs and meets IFPMA code
· Support Clinical team to select appropriate investigators and sites optimising quality, delivery and commercial benefit
· Ensures compliance with AZ code of conduct, Corporate Governance, Audits requirement, guidelines, codes, policies and procedures
· Ensures that company confidentiality is maintained (i.e. intellectual property, product, strategic and salary information)
· Discloses potential breach of codes or conducts
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
About the company
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that spans the discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and worldwide commercialisation of primary care and speciality care medicines.
We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
We invest in distinctive science in three main therapy areas where we believe we can make the most meaningful difference to patients: oncology; cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity. Our science exploits our rare combination of capabilities in small molecules and biologics, immunotherapies, protein engineering technologies and devices. These are reinforced by a strong focus on translational science and personalised healthcare capabilities. We build on our own capabilities by collaborating with world-renowned scientists and academic institutions and partnering with like-minded science-led companies.
Through leading in science, we are confident that we can transform the lives of people around the world and deliver value to our shareholders.