- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world’s leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
As a science-led, global healthcare business with clear values, we offer countless opportunities for people at various stages of their careers. On-the-job learning and rewarding individual contributions are extremely important to us. We believe in creating an inclusive and safe working environment and supporting our employees to help their communities.
To drive performance of your territory through face-to-face and multi-channel selling and to establish GSK as the customer’s key partner and advisor by making relevant recommendations supported by scientific knowledge which are aligned to the customer’s patient types and needs.
• Continuously builds knowledge of GSK multi-channel brand strategies and leverages that knowledge with customers in informing on prescribing behaviours
• Understands GSK and competitor’s brands features and benefits and applies knowledge effectively in their PFSS and multi-channel selling approach
• Builds a comprehensive disease and pathology knowledge and leverages it with customers to support decision making
• Has strong understanding of treatment guidelines and patient profiles and leverages them to build credibility with customers
• Uses multiple data sources to analyse and review territory performance dynamics (including competitor performance) identifying territory trends and opportunities for GSK
• Builds territory insights that capture opportunities and drive decision making, including the selection and prioritization of customer targets and the development of robust territory coverage call plans
• Develop, based on customer insights, multi-channel business plans with strategically aligned ASMART objectives, strategies and tactical activities that deliver business objectives
• Implements multi-channel business plans, uses KPIs to track performance and adjust plans where required
• Effectively engages with customers through a PFSS selling approach or multi-channel selling approach and is proficient in using appropriate multi-channel selling platforms aligned to customer preferences
• Actively prepares for, and executes the PFSS selling approach uncovering opportunities, making recommendations aligned to patient and customer needs, addressing objections and effectively closing
• Regularly measures sales call performance and seeks FLSL feedback to continuously improve
• Builds collaborative internal and external relationships that enhance the customer journey, channels customer feedback into the wider organisation and proactively delivers efficient and effective sales administration
In all areas, demonstrate understanding of and compliance with laws, codes of conduct, policies and frameworks in which GSK operates and live our vision, values and expectations
• Achievement of local identified business objectives and measures to enhance the Territory performance, efficiency and effectiveness. (e.g. customer coverage, call rate, business planning)
• Successful completion of all required Online Learning modules through GSK LMS system – My Learning
• Operates effectively and efficiently through the multi-channel environment, leading with science
• Expense and sample budget management
• Business planning and execution
• Patient focused scientific selling
• Product and disease knowledge and expertise
• Personal development planning in the spirit of continuous improvement
• Implementation and adherence to all GSK activities aligned to GSK vision, expectations, values and code of conduct
What We Can Offer You
GSK’s dedication to the
About the company
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare.
As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields.
Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums.