- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Janssen Ortho LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL), field-based position reporting to Guaynabo, PR.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals is the PR Sales and Marketing Division for the pharmaceutical products of Johnson and Johnson. Janssen Pharmaceuticals strives to provide innovative, high quality, safe and effective treatments to advance patient care. We promote products to treat a broad range of diseases. We help healthcare professionals meet their patients' needs.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Medical Scientific Liaison provides appropriate product and disease state education to key opinion leaders community physicians, investigators and other healthcare professionals related to the current and developing Janssen Solid Tumor Oncology portfolio in compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Provide fair balanced, objective, scientific information to health care professionals and to internal business partners as required by scientific and business needs.
• You will be the scientific and clinical expert on current and future products.
• Stay abreast of current scientific and treatment landscape trends in therapeutic areas of interest, provide high level research support for company and investigator-initiated research, and conduct activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
• Consistently maintain a Territory Strategy Plan and share insights/strategic planning details with Medical Scientific Liaison Leadership to include: a description of Health Care Providers (HCP), academic and community practices and healthcare systems, and describe regional influence patterns, referral data, research activity, changing external healthcare landscape and description of field collaborative partnerships.
• Demonstrate the ability to build key opinion leader partnerships. This includes: building relationships and seeking to understand their perspective by approaching each interaction as an opportunity to build and strengthen relationships and conducting ongoing dialogue with customers to understand perspectives.
• Demonstrate the ability to calculate the impact of actions/words and tailor approach by integrating scientific data into real life practice to meet customer/audience needs, adapting interpersonal style to situations and people, and anticipating the responses of various individuals and teams based on their vantage point and perspective.
• Execute research initiatives by: leveraging knowledge of standards of care and company/investigator sponsored clinical trials and competitor landscape to facilitate external-internal research communication, seeking engagement with external investigators regarding unsolicited research inquiries and act as liaison to R&D, Medical Affairs and operations teams.
• Provide clinical trial support to identify potential sites, resolve issues with enrolled sites, and participate in meetings as appropriate, including site initiation visits and investigator launch meetings.
• Present data and information in a manner appropriate to the audience and request.
• Execute plans regarding reactive and proactive outreaches as approved via the legal/HCC exceptions process.
• Attend and support local/regional/national meetings and conferences.
• A minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), Doctor of Medicine (MD)/ Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), is required. Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) with equivalent experience could be considered.
• At least one (1) year of professional experience is required, preferably in a clinical/research setting, managed care or in a pharmaceutical industry clinical field role. Previous clinical and research practice hours will be considered.
• Knowledge or experience in Oncology therapeutic area is highly preferred.
• Research and health care system knowledge is preferred.
• Residency/fellowship/industry experience is preferred.
• Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tool (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required. Experience with Ipad applications is preferred.
• Proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
• This position requires up to twenty five percent (25%) of local and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo- Organization
Janssen Ortho LLC (2162)
Medical Science Liaison