- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Merchant Services - Applications SupportOur Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of application development.
- Proficiency and working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed.
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
- The role requires weekend support as part of shift based coverage.
- Automation - Leading and driving the identification and implementation of automation opportunities across the application and infrastructure environment
- Monitoring - drive monitoring operations visibility through tools such Geneos, Splunk, Dynatrace and Ansible. Work closely with the L2/L1/AD teams to improve thresholds and alerting of critical flows. Assist with Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Identify monitoring gaps and implement solutions, by leveraging the best monitoring tool(s) to address the specific gap. Expert experience at application alert fine tuning to prevent issues related to incidents.
- Cloud adoption readiness - Partner with the Merchant Services SRE team as refinement of the deployment journey is conducted. Partner with AD and infrastructure teams to ensure Merchant Services applications provide an excellent customer experience while they prepare to migrate to a legacy system.
- DevOps - providing an holistic view of the technical environment end-to-end, reaching across functional borders to increase collaboration and effectiveness
- Continuous Integration - Direct Operate/AD teams as they leverage version control to deploy alerting refinement in swift, secure, continuous integration model.
- Application Optimization - Refine application specific alerting to pro-actively alert on predictive indicators for performance issues.
- Resiliency - Partner with Operate Teams, AD and PM teams to identify single points of failure which should be monitored with a heightened sensitivity and proactively Auto-ticket on issues which could turn customer impacting if not resolved.
- Delivery -participate in architectural design reviews to ensure Production monitoring considerations are understood and have equal priority in stories and definition of done.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment. Theideal candidate should possess the below skills requirements:
- 5+ years of Application Development and Production Management work experience in the Finance industry, throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Experience leveraging Geneos required with an analytical mindset to drive identification of patterns/trends which would predict problematic situations.
- A plus to have experience leveraging other monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace with an analytical mindset to drive identification of patterns/trends which would predict problematic situations.
- Strong understanding of scripting/programming industry practices, to automate any repeatable tasks and provide alerting.
- Expert communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey technical information while lead large conference calls.
- Strong interpersonal skill that foster collaboration while being able to leverage social skills to influence the conversation direction.
- Advanced technical experience with an advanced understanding of industry standards. Ability to leverage broad depth of knowledge steer planning and design conversations.
- Domain expert in Linux, Windows, Application and Infrastructure logs.
- Production experience with SQL, Python and Shell scripting, proficient with the use of regex.
- Proven experience in Problem Management, Change Management best practices.
- Proven experience in EPV Account Management and Break-Glass procedures.
- Capable to execute and deliver on a multitude of concurrent initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment. Comfortable in a fast dynamic environment with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Banking and/or financial services industry experience would be a plus
When you work atJPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase &Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building atechnology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourageprofessional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a globaltechnology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people andcompanies all around the world, we want to meet you.