- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HOTEL OR ENTITY
SHARJAH EXPO CENTRE
City Sharjah State Northern UAE Region/Country United Arab Emirates
Designed for natural livingNovotel, the AccorHotels group’s mid-scale brand, has nearly 496 hotels and resorts in 58 countries, located at the heart of major international cities, in business areas and tourist destinations. With a homogenous service in all its hotels, Novotel contributes to the well-being of business and leisure travellers: spacious and adaptable rooms, balanced meals 24/7, meeting rooms, caring staff, dedicated children’s areas and fitness rooms. Novotel hotels are also pioneers of sustainable development by participating in the Green globe global certification programme.
Discover the hotel
Job Level Job
Fixed-term contract: Yes
Duration of fixed-term contract (in months): 24
Status Full Time
Anticipated Start Date 21-01-2019
Jocelyn Lapure H9788-HR@accor.com
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Desired candidate should have a minimum of 2 - 3 year experience in similar role in Hospitality industry
Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and AccorHotels values with guests and associates.
To serve Food & Beverage to the guests in the assigned place of work in a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible manner consistent with established performance and productivity standards in any of the Food & Beverage Outlets (Restaurants, Bars, Room Service, Pool Restaurant) in order to maximize guest satisfaction and return clientele.
To be flexible and extend job duties and responsibilities, which do not distinctly differ in nature from the original assigned work, including re-assignment to alternative departments and areas if required, to meet business demand and guest service needs.
• To provide a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
• To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
• To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
• To perform all duties and tasks when rotated and assigned to another Department as per Master Task List for that Department
• To ensure that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
• To be responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the outlet by ensuring that all equipment’s are working properly and are trained to work safely with it.
• To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
• To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped. Ensure strict control of inventory of
all beverages and to keep bar consumables to par level, ordering and rotating.
• To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
Food & Beverage Product:
• Possesses working knowledge of beverages and cocktails.
• To monitor operating supplies by maintaining and controlling established beverage par stock and operating supplies to ensure smooth operation and to reduce spoilage and
• To explain the discrepancies in the potential beverage cost satisfactorily.
• To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend beverage combinations and up-sell alternatives
• To prepare and serve beverage orders and provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
• To follow correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
• To continuously learn on customer service,
About the company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.