- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
MY - Manager - Actuarial What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
- Lead on-going actuarial projects, ranging from valuation and pricing, Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligience, marketing activities and research and development with extensive client engagement opportunities.
- Will also be heavily involved with regulatory work around IFRS 17, risk and capital management both in Singapore and the region.
- Will work closely with the local team in Singapore and also regional teams based in Hong Kong/Australia.
- Candidate should be experienced in managing projects and junior team members. Candidate should be able to manage projects spanning multiple workstreams (both technical actuarial and non-actuarial) and maintain key client contacts and liaison.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
What you need to have
- 5 - 7 years of experience in General or Life Insurance
- Advanced modelling skills (Prophet or GI equivalent)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Access)
- Any other computing skills in R/Python/VBA/SAS/SQL an advantage
- High achievement at school and university level
- Qualified actuary or nearing completion of actuarial exams
- Fluent in English with s trong written and verbal communication skills
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-163793-2019