- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
MY - Regional Tax Manager (based in Kuala Lumpur)What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
- Prepare & review information and data compiled by tax agents (where applicable) to ensure timely submission of corporate tax, GST/ VAT returns of the Deloitte Consulting (DC) SEA entities
- Assess and provide tax provisions of DC SEA entities tax liability for annual management & statutory reporting purposes of DC SEA entities
- Assist in the development and efficient maintenance of processes to manage compliance and reporting activities across SEA
- Support and provide technical advice to the Finance Operations team as required
- Ensure tax accounting and collaborate with the Accounting Operation team in the maintenance of all tax related GL balances
- Review and manage the tax equalization process and provide ad hoc advisory on personal tax issue
- Review and manage the compliance on withholding tax
- Ensure compliance of transfer pricing rules for related parties' transactions
- Analyze and propose strategies to mitigate tax liabilities of the DC SEA entities by effectively manage/coordinate the projects assigned
- Support leadership in the successful implementation of tax initiatives across SEA
- Monitor, check and propose contract exposure to minimize tax cost and ensure that tax rights, obligations and risk of the DC SEA entities are well protected and managed
- Work and interact effectively with both tax and non-tax colleagues, the engagement team, and collaborate with other finance functions and external advisers
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves every day to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years experience in similar role
- Had work experience in a professional experience services or professional tax organization dealing with tax matters
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with the entire Microsoft Office Suite & SAP Finance
- Dedicated, innovative and resourceful
- Must display professionalism and confidence
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
This is an opportunity based in Kuala Lumpur for an experienced professional to make their mark on our internal finance team.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-168510-2019