- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate (Operations) - Project Finance BSNE and CSEE (PF-BSNE&CSEE) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an Office Administrator. This is a full time position at grade 1/2 The term of this contract will be until 15/12/2020
As this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of August Purpose
As Office Administrator (internally referred to as (Senior) Administrative Assistant) you will provide administrative assistance to the Head of Division and other colleagues in the Division, with the objective of contributing to the efficiency and performance of the Division's overall activity. Operating Network
Reporting to the Head of Division, you will work in co-operation with the other divisional assistants. Extensive contacts with the other divisions and Departments within Ops are required as well as interface with other Directorates. Accountabilities
- Assist loan officers in updating and compiling business information and organising contacts
Assist the Head of Division and loan officers during the lending process (in close coordination with the other Directorates participating in the process)
- Finalise, distribute and file project cycle documents (Preliminary Information Note (PIN), Appraisal Fact Sheet (AFS), Board reports), notes and reports prepared by loan officers
- Oversee the administrative coordination of the whole lending procedure (monitoring of deadlines, organisation of meetings, appointments and business trips for the loan officers)
- Handle telephone contacts with clients and follow project information flow Handle correspondence and draft cover letters
Keep Division's pipeline of transactions up-to-date; monitor that procedures are followed during the lending process and inform the Division's team about updates; input data in the gestion électronique de documents (GED)
- Organise meetings and missions and loan officers' participation in conferences
- Maintain appropriate filing of electronic (notably in GED) and paper documentation
- Maintain IT systems up-to-date, generate reports as requested and ensure proper accesses for the team. This includes: Business Objects (budget and statistics), pipeline, GED Institutional Workspace, Serapis, shared mailboxes and distribution lists.
Manage together with the Assistants' pool the shared mailbox and telephone coverage and promptly respond to requests
- Cooperate with the other secretaries and members of the Department; when appropriate train new colleagues on Bank procedures and processes, contribute to a good working atmosphere within the division and the Department in order to facilitate the timely implementation of tasks, smooth flow of information and achievement of objectives
- Secondary level education, complemented with a 2-year certification in a relevant field (e.g. secretarial studies, business administration) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of standard MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in know your customer (KYC) processes would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of French*. Working knowledge of German would be considered an advantage
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
The level of functions in the job vacancy is only indicative and will be adjusted accordingly taking into account, among other things, the business need, as well as the selected candidate’s experience and expertise
Deadline for applications: 23rd July 2019
(*). We particularly welcome applications from men and persons with disabilities.
- business administration
- ms project