- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- SOUTH WEST LONDON
South West London
Senior Staff Nurse - Oncology
Cromwell Hospital London
Permanent, 37.50 hours pw / 13 shifts per month on rotation
Salary: £37224 to £43816 per annum
Shift Allowance: £1100per annum
£2000 Golden Handshake
Close date for applications: Friday 3rd January 2020
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
You will work as part of the multi disciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to the patient undergoing medical treatment and you will be responsible for the assessment of patient care needs and for the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. In your role you will be designated to take charge regularly of the unit in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility. You be be required to participate in clinical audit and demonstrate research based outcomes of care delivery.
What’s a typical day?
You will ensure high standards of care for patients and their families by. You will co-ordinate department and staff activities as required and assit in the delivery and management of direct nursing care. You will be responsible for ensuring a commitment to patient centred care and need to work within agreed nursing standards. You will be accountable for nursing outcomes. Additionally, you will enhance the quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research. You will plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient need and understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes. Within a system of case management, you will co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report any variance appropriately.
Who we’re looking for?
• Mentorship certificate.
• IV competent.
• BLS/ILS updated.
• Speciality Course.
• RGN with demonstrable experience as a Staff Nurse in similar ward/environment.
• Managerial experience (desirable)
• Evidence on ongoing career development
• Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
• Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
• CPD calendar and webinars
• Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
• BMJ and Open Athens journal access
• Clinical Leadership development programmes
• Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
• Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
• NMC fees paid after 12 months service
• Practical support with the revalidation process
• Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
• Bupa Health insurance
• 21.5 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasingafter 5 years service
• Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
• You’re paid for all Bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Annual bonus scheme
• Annual pay review
• Discounts on Bupa products
• Discounted gym membership
• Subsidised staff restaurant
• Free health assessment
• Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
• Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
• Dry cleaning discounts
• Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
• Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
• Bupa Boost app
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle2work scheme
• Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
• Paid career breaks
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com
Full timeJob Posting End Date
04 Jan 2020
About the company
Bupa is an international healthcare group, with its origins and headquarters in the United Kingdom but now serving 32 million customers in 190 countries. It is a private healthcare for-profit company limited by guarantee, unlike the UK's National Health Service (NHS), which is a tax-funded healthcare system.