- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary ZAR55,000.00 - ZAR65,000.00 gross per year
- East London
Operations Engineer - Linux / AWS / Automation / Scripting
** Full time (Perm) - £55k to £65k depending on experience level **
We have an outstanding opportunity to work within an organisation that genuinely loves technology and are building a team of Infrastructure engineers whose main task is to Innovate the platform and solve business problems with technology.
We are looking for a Linux Systems Engineers who are keen to work in an environment that has Enterprise scales systems, Continuous integration and are AWS and Cloud advocates.
You will work closely with the Product managers who have designed the application roadmaps on projects related to AWS integrations and system automation.
The Linux Systems Engineer should have:
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Linux Engineering / Windows automation background.
- Good understanding of Network layers and network services (e.g DNS and DHCP)
- In-depth understanding of infrastructure and application monitoring tools (functionality and performance)
- Experience working with, designing, configuring delivering and securing systems and applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Strong systems and hardware knowledge (Configuration and Management)
- Hands on experience in infrastructure automation and configuration management using tools like Salt, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant etc.
- Solid understanding of storage architectures and technologies
- Strong Python / Perl / Powershell scripting
- Strong Active Directory knowledge
- A strong grounding in Microsoft core services: DFSN, DFSR, DNS, AD, Printing, DHCP
If you have the Linux background and are considering moving into the DevOps space then this is the opportunity as a DevOps engineer could be the one for you!
- Cloud Computing
- Amazon EC2
- Software Systems