- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
In this role, you will manage one of the key consumer satisfaction metrics - functional performance of the device. You are a key member of the cross-functional team that will launch the product. You will also manage and oversee factory test stations, from concept to mass production.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, to promote proper engineering practices, and to drive improvements.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- BS degree in Engineering or Physics or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in testing of hardware products
- Coding experience in Python, MATLAB, C++ or other coding languages. Experience building and launching consumer electronics products.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
- MS/PhD in Engineering or a related discipline with emphasis in optics, physics or color science
- Experience in mechanical and/or software development of manufacturing test solutions for display or optical system/module
- Experience with image processing and/or machine vision
- Experience with CIE color standards, basic color science and color calibration algorithms
- Experience in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigation and experience with hardware testing, system bring up, and design validation
- Demonstrated familiarity with camera, imaging, colorimeter, spectrometer testing, along with associated test instruments, and excellent project management and leadership skills
- Develop factory test stations with a focus on Display and/or Optics tests
- Take responsibility for design and implementation of Display/Optics test solutions. Test software and algorithms, review and statistically analyze yield, parametric data, correlation and other associated quality metrics. Collaborate with Software Engineering teams regarding factory images, test scripts and requirements
- Make recommendations to drive design and test coverage improvement with minimal engineering engagement
- Work with Infrastructure team on test framework improvements, and data collection. Work with original equipment manufacturers, original device manufacturers, joint design manufacturing, and contract manufacturing partners, and ensure tests are implemented across different factories. Ensure bring-up of test stations and resolution of any related issues during ramp builds.
- Define functional specifications for the product in collaboration with Design/Engineering teams and implement with OEM/ODMs
- ms project
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate