- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UK UK ,GB
Reporting to Flavour Solutions Packaging Manager, the aim of the role is to manage UK Packaging Development, ensuring this meet both consumer and customer needs and follow regulatory requirements. The Technologist provides quality, cost effective and environmentally responsible packaging, manages data and specifications, takes ownership of individual projects and provide technical support to the manufacturing site
- Manage packaging development projects, manage and attend packaging trials and report outcomes promptly
- Manage packaging specifications and maintain the integrity of associated databases
- Timely completion of pallet plans.
- Establish packaging standards via factory trials to ensure that proposed packaging materials are fit for purpose (i.e. appropriate material/ components, acceptable quality, adequate performance and efficiency on packing line) and to gain approval from all relevant parties.
- Timely completion of packaging workflows
- To be involved in technical validation of new packaging equipment.
- Continuously seek the identification of new technology supporting the company's growth.
- Generate innovative ideas that will take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Communicate technical information, opportunities and potential risks in business environment to facilitate effective decision making.
- Graduate in Packaging / Sciences or similar area
- Some packaging food industry experience, especially in Form, Fill, Seal technology
- Good knowledge of packaging equipment and materials
- Knowledge of food regulatory legislation would be a strong advantage
- Literate with MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Self-starter and self-driven to deliver a broad range of projects with excellence and on time in a fast moving and complex environment
- Clear verbal & written communication skills
- Very good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills (with a scientific / methodical approach)
- Sustain a high level of competence within an ever-changing business landscape.
- Works cooperatively with other team members to implement new packaging
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, effectively analyse and solve technical challenges with sometimes incomplete or ambiguous information
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our "Power of People" principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
About the company