- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- TOKYO, TOKYO-TO, JAPAN
The Partner Success Manager is a FY20 newly created role, part of One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization. The role is accountable for a portfolio of partners to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Services and Teams in our SMC Corporate customers.
The main priorities of the Partner Success Manager are
- Grow Consumption & Usage: Responsible for ACR and Teams usage driven by Co-Sell Prioritized partner solutions, including IP solutions in SMC Corporate
- Deliver Partner Success: Support their portfolio of partners including owning partner-led pipeline to ensure growth in consumption and usage MoM the customers’ accounts
The required skillsets for the roles are:
- Experienced Partner relationship management & pipeline management skills
- Data and AI, Apps and Infrastructure as well as Teams solutions proficiency
- Ability to manage virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Executive presence including communications skills to large and small audiences
Focus of the PSM:
- Azure Consumption (40% RBI) and Teams Usage (30% RBI) growth in SMC Corporate through Co-Sell Prioritized partners.
Recommendations on how to select # of partners to be engaged (managing scope, subs coverage in MSAs & potentially minimizing T&E requirements)
- Identify SMCC Co-Sell Prioritized partners aligned to Prioritized Sales Plays. Use C3 to further refine list if needed.
- Check against top ACR Co-Sell Prioritized partners that are driving 80% of Area ACR in SMCC to ensure list is rational. Eg top performing partner are being included in Solution Maps.
- For MSAs, look for top Co-Sell Prioritized partners with coverage in as many sub-regions as possible.
- IP Co-Sell SMC-C (30% RBI) – Engage IP Co-Sell Prioritized Partners to accelerate pipeline for Azure and Teams IP Co-Sell.
- Deliver impact on Azure Consumption and Teams Usage for SMCC
- Identify low or no consumption customers owned by portfolio of partners (via MSX or cloud Ascent propensity data)
- Engage and coach partner to build an execution plan to improve customers consumption and usage, including next workload
- Track MoM progress on partners’ portfolio of SMCC customers and support with identification of resources (PDM, PTS, Sellers, P2P) to unblock progress
- Regular syncs with TSP Manager (Consumption and Usage owner in segment) to identify oppty to engage partners for Teams Usage and Azure Consumption
- Feedback to Solution Governance Council on partners’ capabilities, capacities thus influencing selection of Co-Sell Prioritized partners
- Deliver impact on Azure and Teams IP Co-Sell for SMCC
- Identify IP Co-Sell Prioritized Partner solutions attached to opportunities and success engagements.
- Evaluate SMCC Area pipeline and engage IP Co-Sell Prioritized Partner solutions to accelerate pipeline to minimum 20% participation threshold.
- Engage with PDM if support or capacity development needed.
About the company
At Microsoft, we aim to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more — and we empower our employees the same way.
Everyone who works here has the power to build on. Those two little words show the way we think. They’re a challenge to go beyond what’s thought possible, and they’re how we help billions of people use technology to get more out of each day.
We build on the work of others and invite them to build onto ours, always striving for ways to make great ideas even better.
What can you build on?
Here at Microsoft, you’ll build on your curiosity, your passions and your drive to make a difference.
You’ll have access to world-class tools, some of the industry’s brightest minds and a nearly infinite range of opportunities across a truly global organization. You’ll have the opportunity to build on the company’s wide-ranging accomplishments to do something even more incredible.
You’ll have the freedom to collaborate, explore, set your own rules and take your career wherever you want it to go.
Feel the inspiration that comes from working with wildly talented people and the rush that comes from doing work that makes a lasting impact. Recent projects like HoloLens provide just a glimpse of the remarkable things we will accomplish.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team. Come build on Microsoft’s far-reaching momentum. Build on your career. Build on what we do and how we do it.
Specialties: Business Software, Design Tools, Developer Tools, Entertainment Products, Hardware, Home & Educational Software, Tablets, Search, Advertising, Servers, Windows Operating System, Windows Applications & Platforms, Smartphones, Cloud Computing