- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary ZAR32,000.00 - ZAR35,000.00 gross per year
- East London
Major international trading company is seeking a Payroll/Benefits/HR Officer to work with their company on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to cover a parental leave.
This role will be required from end September 2019 to beginning of October 2020. Working hours are 09.00 - 17.00. The company is open to considering flexible hours. Ideally you will be able to come into the office for about 5 days in September to experience one round of payroll and then start officially on 1st October when final handover will take place.
Salary: to £35k depending on experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
In general this role will provide operational and administrative support for the company and its subsidiaries, with full responsibility for the payroll and benefits function for c500 employees. It will also provide general administration support to the HR team.
- Provide a turnkey service in respect of the UK and modified payrolls.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct documentation is in place when enrolling personnel and for departing personnel.
- Responsible for the correct input, deductions and rectification of any errors.
- Responsible for liaising with, and reporting to, statutory bodies such as HMRC. This includes monthly RTI reporting.
- Raise payment instructions to HMRC - SAP system
- Responsible for the correct payroll and tax treatment of benefits. This includes Private Health, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans.
- Responsible for the production of P11ds, P60s and any year-end processes as required.
- Responsible for compliance with HMRC rules and any statutory requirements such as Court Orders, Student Loans, Attachment of Earnings.
- Ensure efficient and high-quality execution of payroll process, establishing performance metrics, and meeting internal timelines for operational effectiveness.
- Provide advice and guidance to relevant stakeholders on the operational and technical aspects of Payroll.
- Responsible for arranging the First Aid training.
- Responsible for providing an administrative service for HR, including (non-exhaustive) preparation of employment contracts, filing, long service awards, first aid payments, storage and archiving, OPQ tests for potential recruits, assisting with workshop arrangements, New Year’s party, salary and bonus review letters and associated implementation, auto-enrolment processes.
- Support in provision of letters to employees in regards to resignations, salaries, flexible working arrangements etc.
- Run quarterly reports on employee turnover, sickness etc.
- Monitor the completion of probation period for new employees. Issue monthly reminders to managers and communicate to HRBP any areas of concern highlighted by managers.
- Clearing and updating employee data including titles, reporting lines, location departments etc.
- Update immigration data and ensure Home Office reporting is completed on time.
- Assist with the uploading of DC files to the pension provider’s portal.
- Taking responsibility for the HR self-service system.
- Update and add new employees to HRIS system Halogen - provide full administration system support for this program.
- Keeping records of employee data for the European offices.
- Benefits Advisory, Administration and other
- Developing functional centre of expertise for employee benefits.
- Providing administrative support for benefits renewals processes as required
- Providing benefits advice and guidance to employees at the end of their probation periods.
- Supporting the Head of HR with any benefits related projects and administration. .
- Providing an advisory service to employees on benefits available to them and related processes.
- Support for other HR and benefits related projects as required from time to time.
- Advise local, expatriate manager and employee population for all immigration related queries
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Start to finish payroll experience
- Expat remuneration and application of modified payroll
- IT literate in MS Office
- Sage software trained
- Good team-worker, inclusive approach
- Must possess sufficient gravitas to command respect for advice and expertise provided
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and integrity. Experience in handling and respecting confidential information
- Flexibility - cross culturally aware and adaptable
- Detail oriented
- Good time management. Proven ability to meet deadlines
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as the Company is not able to support visa applications