- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UK UK ,GB
Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire (BGSW) Probation Services is a division of Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC). We provide a broad range of probation services for those on community orders or licenses. We focus on quality of practice to reduce re-offending, improve the safety of the communities we serve and improve the life-chances of our service users.
Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC) is a high performing organisation delivering a range of rehabilitation and offender management. We are committed to engaging and collaborating with our service users and our local communities.
KSS CRC, part of the Seetec Group, has probation divisions in Wales; Dorset, Devon and Cornwall; Kent, Surrey and Sussex; Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
The Peer Mentor Coordinator will work in close partnership with our volunteer coordinators working within KSS CRC’s well-established Volunteer Mentor Unit. The role of Peer Mentor Coordinator involves recruiting, training and coaching the Peer Mentors who will be current or ex-service users who have lived through a specific experience who will be able to use their experiences in groups and supervision meetings, to support others with their rehabilitation, challenging their peers with new ideas.
The post holder will possess excellent communication, administrative and organisational skills, and have experience of training/group work, as well as experience of supervising others.
* Provide guidance and facilitate specific training to volunteers, case support workers and peer mentors
* Support development opportunities for peer mentors and case support workers
* Provide peer mentor supervision; challenge and contribute to risk management
* Aility to manage conflict situations both in groups and individual situations.
* Ensure that all relevant documentation for mentors is prepared in advance and that information is accurate and up to date.
* Maintain and input peer mentor data in a timely manner.
* Collate and produce quarterly Peer Mentoring newsletter.
* Assist with the recruitment and training Peer Mentors
* Work with Volunteer Unit Manager to assess risk including high risk cases.
* Monitor peer mentors and case support workers to ensure they are adhering to safe working and maintaining boundaries.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders by relevant methods to enable effective service delivery,
Skills & Experience
* Theoretical and practical knowledge of the Criminal Justice system
* Proven skills in the assessment and management of risk
* Good knowledge of IT and databases to provide management information and case tracking.
* Ability to analyse and evaluate issues to provide advice in order to influence decision making and guidance/recognise need for action by others
* Ability to process large amounts of information accurately and to deadlines
* Ability to initiate, maintain and develop effective working relationships at all levels
* Interviewing, influencing, motivational and managing people skills
* Ability to research, analyse, interpret and manage information
* Ability to organise and manage a varied workload with conflicting priorities
* Excellent communication skills
* A team player with the ability to use influencing strategies to gain commitment.
* High level of initiative and motivation
* Willingness to travel nationwide for internal and external meetings
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a results driven environment where your work with dedicated peer mentors can influence and motivate others to make positive changes.
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24 hour counselling service and Cycle to Work Scheme
Following recent developments from COVID 19 you may see a delay in receiving feedback or interviews being scheduled. Unfortunately we have no control over time restraints and will be in touch as soon as possible.
KSS CRC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependant on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
KSS CRC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
About the company