- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Microsoft Hardware is a worldwide leader in the computer input device industry. We are looking for a Plastics Tooling Engineer that will be a key contributor to product success from marketing through production. This position will be based in Shenzhen, and work on Microsoft hardware accessories.
As a Plastics Engineer, you will have the chance to shape product, business, and technology strategy by identifying new technologies, applying your molding and tooling experience, and leveraging supplier resources worldwide.
- Drive supplier to deliver mechanical parts to meet build schedule, quality requirement and yield target.
- Leading RFQ exercises for both injection mold fabrication and plastic parts.
- Lead tooling DFM, coordinate with other disciplines and supplier, to mitigate tooling, molding and manufacturing risk before tooling kick-off.
- Research materials and tooling technologies to deliver on product expectations/requirements.
- Manage tooling budget and schedule to meet program overall goal.
- Sign off responsibility on new tooling and manufacturing process readiness for volume production.
- Drive continuous improvements to optimize yields and process capabilities to meet business needs and cost goals.
- Participate in all supplier audits and final supplier selection
- Troubleshoot and quickly remedy urgent plastic engineering issues
- Collect data and drive on right decisions