- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Dar es Salaam
BackSHARE 23/12/2019 Postdoctoral Position in the Design of Biological Systems Lab
Where to applyContactSave to favorites Show on map Where to apply
Postdoctoral Position in the Design of Biological Systems Lab
Application Deadline: 30/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
Where to send your application.
Company Centre for Genomic Regulation
- WEBSITE https://recruitment.crg.eu/content/jobs/position/postdoctoral-position-design... Contact to
- ORGANISATION/COMPANY Centre for Genomic Regulation
- ORGANISATION TYPE Public Research Institution
- WEBSITE http://www.crg.es
- E-MAIL email@example.com
- COUNTRY Spain
- CITY Barcelona
- STATE/PROVINCE barcelona
- POSTAL CODE 08003
- STREET Dr. Aiguader, 88 Save to favorites
Please login to use this functionality.
- ORGANISATION/COMPANY Centre for Genomic Regulation
- RESEARCH FIELD Biological sciences › Biology
- RESEARCHER PROFILE First Stage Researcher (R1)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE 30/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
- LOCATION Spain › Barcelona
- TYPE OF CONTRACT To be defined
- JOB STATUS Full-time
- HOURS PER WEEK 40
- OFFER STARTING DATE 01/03/2020 The Institute
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
In November 2013, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
We are looking for an excellent and highly motivated experimental postdoc with interests in synthetic biology to engineer the minimal bacterium M. pneumoniae for human therapy and modulation of the lung microbiome. Our approaches include molecular, biochemical, systems biology, and protein design tool, as well as assays in animals.
About the lab
The design of biological systems group is aiming at a quantitative understanding of biological systems to an extent that one is able to predict systemic features and with the hope to rational design and modify their behaviour. This applies to any system comprising biological components that is more than the mere sum of its components, or, in other words, the addition of the individual components results in systemic properties that could not be predicted by considering the components individually. By achieving this objective, we are aiming at new global understanding and treatment of human diseases in which the target will not be a single molecule but a network.
For this purpose in the group it is developed on one hand new software and theoretical approximations to understand complex systems and on the other they do experiments to validate our predictions.
You can find more information about the group and their research projects on their website.
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 1 year with possibility to extend up to 3 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: March, 2020 We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Luis Serrano and Maria Lluch
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees. All applications must be addressed to Dr. Luis Serrano and Maria Lluch and be submitted online through the following link:
- Pre-selection : The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview : Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter : Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details. Deadline: Please submit your application by 30th of January 2020.
- REQUIRED LANGUAGES ENGLISH: Excellent Skills/Qualifications
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have experience in engineering synthetic circuits
- You have experience in systems biology and network analyses
- You have immunology knowledge Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience working with mice Education and training
- You hold a PhD in Biology-related areas Specific Requirements
- You have knowledge in molecular biology, yeast and/or bacterial genome engineering Competences
- You are highly motivated and organized candidate
- You have passion for cell and synthetic biology
- You are capable of working in a group,
- You are able to work with a high degree of work autonomy Map Information
233+-Leaflet | Map data © Google Job Work Location Personal Assistance locationsGet More Personal Assistance Work location(s) 1 position(s) available at Centre for Genomic Regulation Spain barcelona Barcelona 08003 Dr. Aiguader, 88 EURAXESS offer ID: 475304
share this page Facebook Twitter Linkedin Print this offer Disclaimer:
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.
Please login to access this functionality.
Login / Free Registration