- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are recruiting an innovative and highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work with a team of researchers in the areas of epigenetics, RNA biology, chromatin interactions and cancer. Our laboratory is focused on elucidating the molecular mechanisms underscoring the activation of cancer driver genes (Nature Cell Biology 2015, 17: 1327-38; PNAS 2016, 113: 14402-07; Nature Communications 2018, 9: 3183) and investigating various modes of transcription regulation and chromatin dynamics mediated by oncogenic factors during cancer development.
The successful candidate should demonstrate excellent cancer biology or epigenetics knowledge and prior expertise in a wide variety of cell and molecular biology methods, as evidenced by a strong publication list (first authored) in the relevant fields. He/she must be able to work in a dynamic and pro-active environment and demonstrate competence in CRISPR- and RNA-related studies and genomics work including ChIP-seq, RNA-seq and chromosome conformation capture assays. A background in computational biology is a plus but not essential. Candidates who show a prior, productive postdoctoral experience of 3-4 years (i.e. strong track record of papers/grants) will be considered for a higher remuneration.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with:
- PhD degree and 2-4 years of postdoc experience in the relevant areas of molecular biology, cancer biology and gene regulation;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in biochemistry, molecular biology and genomics work;
- Strong publication track record, indicated by first author publications in high quality journals.
- Ability to write/contribute to research articles, grants and keep meticulous notes/proper scientific documentation;
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking, written and oral communication skills;
- A strong team focus and ability to work independently;
- A demonstrated ability to supervise PhD students and junior research staff.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package (with health insurance and other benefits) that is commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience of the successful candidate will be provided. A 1-year contract for a full time position will be offered at the start with the possibility of extension for another 2-3 years.
Click here to apply.
Location: School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally in the QS World University Rankings, and 1st in QS’ league of the world’s best young universities for five consecutive years. Young and research-intensive, NTU is also placed 1st amongst the world's best young universities and ranked 43th globally for Biological Sciences.
School of Biological Sciences (SBS) is established in 2002 with rich mix of culture and nationalities among our professors and students. We encourage Researcher to seek new knowledge, discover and create innovative solutions.
- active directory