- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Principal Application Support Specialist
Would you like to be part of DHL IT Services? Our Service Support team is looking for a new team member.
In this role, you will be Subject Matter Expert for 2nd level Application Support Specialists for AVAYA AURA technologies. You will be the driver for complex technical solutions. You will provide architectural input and work closely with line managers to develop technical team members. Additionally, you will effectively manage maximum availability and minimize disruption to the GCCU/GCCI services and ensure that all agreed targets, SLA's and Metrics are met.
What you will do:
- Receive and log requests for support from help desk, other service delivery staff and/or users
- Prioritize requests in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organization in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- Deliver assigned services according to agreed SLA’s (TRT, Availability, and Performance)
- Maintain service production and pre-production environments and systems
- Drive Service Improvement Plans to continuously improve service performance
- Follow quality standards and policies
- Plan, execute and support implementations so the applications themselves are deployed with minimal disruption to the production environment
- Act as ‘Service owner’ for a set of applications/services (as delegated by the Team Leader or Technician Lead), monitoring and reporting on service levels attained for these applications/services, and ensuring their continuity of service at all times
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- Microsoft SQL
- Apache Tomcat
- Avaya IQ
- Avaya Communication Manager
- Avaya contact center solution
- Workforce Management
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Proven technical knowledge of application support with AVAYA contact center products
- Design and deployment experience with AVAYA core telephony and SIP-enabled products and solutions
- Understanding of IT and AVAYA-dependent infrastructure (HW, network, Telephony protocols and layers)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational skills, experience with matrix management
- Strong customer focus
- Fluent English (written and spoken) required
- Linux operating system and Window operating system knowledge is preferred.
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Database Management experience is advantage
- Shell script programming skill is advantage
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
- On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
- A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
- Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
- Smart Casual Everyday
- Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home Office Possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.