- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job DescriptionJob Posting Description In this role you have the opportunity to
Have a direct impact to improve people’s lives and in the meantime, you will be able to look into the (application) kitchen of multiple different businesses in Philips: unusual and never boring! How cool is that?
You are responsible for
- Leading and participating in research projects and delivering excellent results, both individually as well as in project teams;
- Co-developing the biophysics modeling strategy from deep understanding of the clinical needs in cardiology or oncology applications, and related Philips business needs
- Expanding our international network with academic top institutes and start-up companies, and identify cooperation opportunities;
- Lead Research teams into creating new propositions across the care continuum in close cooperation with Philips marketing, clinical scientists in the Philips businesses, clinicians, and research innovation programs.
You are a part of
The Multi-physics & Optics department that consists of 30+ specialists in computational fluid dynamics, mechanics and dynamics, material science, biophysics and optics. The department supports Philips with its state-of-the-art physics insights and virtual prototyping expertise. The department is active across the whole health continuum, working within Philips Research, with Philips ventures and directly for the Philips businesses.
Its core focus is to turn ideas in the area of Digital Twin into reality for healthcare, see: this video.
You will be based out of Eindhoven, High-tech campus and report into the Department Head Multiphysics & Optics at Philips Research.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Successfully completed your PhD, preferably in Biophysics, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics or Computer Science, preferably with a topic in the field of biophysics modeling;
- Significant experience in driving biophysics modeling initiatives in the cardiology or oncology domain;
- More than 5 years of experience in healthcare related business(es);
- Experience in combining biophysics modeling with machine learning is an advantage;
- An innovative and creative mindset,
- Conceptual thinker and excellent team player
- A flexible attitude and the ability to take initiative.
In return we offer you
- A competitive salary package incl. a variable bonus - based on Philips' results and personal performance;
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- A healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
- ms project