- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BOTLEK ROTTERDAM NL
and Qualifications At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
For our Process control & instrumentation Team we are looking for a Process Control & Instrumentation Engineer who will be based in Botlek Rotterdam. In this role you will provide technical support primarily to our Northern Continent (NC) operating facilities across the European regions, with main focus on the Botlek Rotterdam site.
The role involves working on execution of productivity projects or product development and taking responsibility for all aspects of control and instrument engineering.
As a PICs Engineer your responsibilities will be:
- Development of control strategies.
- Participation in P&ID development.
- Production and maintenance of project instrument databases utilising INTools.
- Specification of process control equipment including control valves, flow measurement devices, process instrumentation.
- There will be a large emphasis on equipment obsolescence, design, specification and configuration of control systems including PLC, SCADA & DCS systems.
- Experience in programming DCS & PLC's (ABB, Siemens PCS7, WinCC, Step 5 and Step 7 PLC) would be an advantage.
- To provide a primary point of contact for all PICS technical questions.
- To collaborate with global domain experts and technical leads.
- Design / installation / commissioning / operation / maintenance / FAT / SAT.
- To inspect / qualify / validate analytical methods and systems.
- To understand and ensure regulatory compliance and company standards are followed.
- To provide "hands-on" plant assistance as necessary throughout region for problem resolution, commissioning activities, etc.
- To audit plants as necessary.
- Support plants and at times the maintenance teams on maintenance shutdowns.
- You will be required to support remotely, where possible, but also expected to travel as necessary and respond to any major occurrence of plant breakdown where control & instrumentation expertise is required.
As a PICs Engineer you will have:
- Engineering Degree (Chemical, Mechanical or C&I) or an equivalent related subject
- You have considerable (6+ years) experience working in an engineering design or operating organisation.
- You can demonstrate a deep understanding of the design and implementation of C&I systems.
- You have practical site experience with FAT, SAT, Fault Finding Pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- You haveexperience of Third Party contractor supervision.
- Prior knowledge and/or hands on experience with specifying and commissioning shut down systems.
- You work well in a team and independently.
- Good communication skills enable you to work well within the multi-disciplined design team and to liaise directly with site personnel.
- Driving licence (Category B)
What do we offer?
Air Products offers competitive salaries and benefits that attract, motivate and retain the best talent. You can expect to receive a competitive pay package that recognizes the experience, skills and abilities you bring to the company.
We provide a full range of benefits including:
- ADV days and 13th month
- Travel allowance
- Opportunities for personal development
- A challenging, dynamic and international working environment
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs ….. and more
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Allapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
- ms project