- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Process Expert to join ING Australia within our Process Management Team. The Process Expert will play an integral role in executing ING’s strategy by implementing Process Management and running end to end (E2E) process improvements across the organisation.
The Process Expert will work closely with Process Leaders and all other E2E process stakeholders to ensure E2E cooperation, shared goals across all areas, prompt implementation of improvements, waste elimination, process control implementation, quantifiable benefit delivery and active ownership of E2E processes.
The successful candidate will be experienced in running process improvement projects and managing change. They will also be able to generate support by using interpersonal and negotiation skills. In addition, the Process Expert will have well developed analytical skills to be able to apply the correct structure in problem analyses and in identifying the root causes and solutions.
• Run E2E process improvement initiatives
• Ensure engagement of stakeholders
• Facilitate workshops
• Research and gather data
• Conduct root cause analysis and identify waste
• Conduct statistical analysis
• Map processes and customer experience
• Generate and prioritise options for process solutions
• Measure the benefits of implemented improvements
• Embed the new process and document in ARIS
• Ensure that results are sustainable
• Set up Process Committees
• Identify KPI’s and create dashboards for E2E value chains together with the Process Leads and Analytics team
• Coach and train Orange Badge Trainees (in house greenbelt program)
• Coach Process Leads in setting up and running Process Committees
• Relevant University Degree (desirable)
• Certification in Quality/Lean Six Sigma or equivalent/ / black belt certification a must
• Working knowledge of process management frameworks and standards
• Working knowledge of processes, services and supply chain concepts
• Excellent skills in using Excel and PowerPoint
• ARIS process mapping capabilities (desirable)
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to facilitate workshops on a range of issues
• Ability to quickly build relationships
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to identify issues related to processes, systems and people
• Ability to ask the right questions and identify key issues
• Ability to use and understand data, metrics and dashboards
• Ability to perform root cause analysis
• Strong presentation skills
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)
About the company
Dutch multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Amsterdam. Its primary businesses are retail banking, direct banking, commercial banking, investment banking, asset management, and insurance services.