- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Production Support EngineerOur Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovatorslike you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service theworld's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll developsolutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393billion in deposits. The Corporate &Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, andextends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
An Application Support professional's dedication to innovation is essential to what keeps our company moving and thriving. Here, you'll oversee application issues throughout: troubleshooting, maintaining, identifying, escalating and resolving them as needed. You'll ensure that the production changes your team makes are made keeping best practices, lifecycle methodology and overall risk top of mind. Partnering with Infrastructure Service Support team members, you'll dig into root cause analysis, production changes, budgetary and staffing issues. You'll also draw on your experience to manage and mentor people to drive strategic change, both within your team as well as in collaboration with team members across JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global network of innovators.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in application development and support environment with more than one technology and multiple design techniques
- Advanced knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.)
- Understanding of risk controls and compliance to departmental and company wide standards
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Work on assigned applications within Merchant Services to keep the applications healthy and running
- Become an application SME, drive Incident Management and handle high priority incident calls
- Troubleshoot errors in production
- Working with AD, drive production stability
- Maintain and improve application monitoring capabilities
- Review implementation plans for accuracy and quality
- Maintain runbooks and metrics data quality for assigned application(s)
- Responsible for reporting on your application's stability and providing training for global teams who provide production support for your application(s)
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field and 5 to 7 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree in other field and 5 to 7 years equivalent experience
- VOS Stratus Operating System
- C/C++ and command macros
- Knowledge in IPC (Inter-Process Communication)
- Knowledge in Linux/Unix Operating System
- Hands on in bash commands and Shell scripting
- Hands on in awk and sed language
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Incident management Process
- Change Management Process
- Problem Management Process
- Knowledge in HP-Service Manager ( or similar incident ticketing tools)
- Knowledge in Monitoring tools such as Control-M ( or crontab)
- Knowledge of RDMS (like Oracle SQL)
- ITIL Foundation V3/2011 certified
- DevOps certified
- Experience in Payment processing/Cards industry a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.