- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you want to drive project management execution with top Services Professionals to solve complex problems for large enterprise customers? Do you like to foster and manage delivery relationships with enterprise customers and partners and provide oversight of multi-phased, complex solution concepts? Do you enjoy delivering professional consulting services and reaping the rewards of a satisfied customer?
Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by Improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, Serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and Driving customer-centric product improvement.
The Services Project Manager (PjM) is responsible for engagement execution within a formal Statement of Work (SOW) to drive predictable behaviors in terms of project process and outcomes (accomplished on time, on budget, and according to customer specifications). The Services Project Manager supports the Engagement Manager (EM) in the areas of delivery engagement quality and customer satisfaction. The PjM:
· Delivers engagements within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget.
· Manages the work that must be done in order to deliver an integrated solution usually composed of products, services, or a formalized solution offering
· Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks
· Executes established (as mutually agreed to) policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment.
· Manages (as mutually agreed) Microsoft resources, partners and/or customer resources and materials (equipment, supplies, stock, or consumable/perishable items) used to complete tasks in a project.
· Maintains the Master Project Plan to include at least: the Communication Plan (communications within the team and between the team and external entities) and the Team Reference Guide Plan (identifies team and external team members). In addition, maintains the Master Project Schedule.
· Stays current and involved in collecting conditions of the project relative to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), and features (the solution and its quality) as specified by the established project protocol. In addition, performs the process of comparing actual performance with planned performance, analyze variances, evaluate possible alternatives and take appropriate corrective action (control) as specified by the established project protocol.
· Collects, reviews and publishes project status with regard to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), stakeholder management, and features (the solution and its quality) that influence project performance and completion.
· Follows the principles of the Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and the current Services methodology (MSDM) in project delivery.
About the company
At Microsoft, we aim to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more — and we empower our employees the same way.
Everyone who works here has the power to build on. Those two little words show the way we think. They’re a challenge to go beyond what’s thought possible, and they’re how we help billions of people use technology to get more out of each day.
We build on the work of others and invite them to build onto ours, always striving for ways to make great ideas even better.
What can you build on?
Here at Microsoft, you’ll build on your curiosity, your passions and your drive to make a difference.
You’ll have access to world-class tools, some of the industry’s brightest minds and a nearly infinite range of opportunities across a truly global organization. You’ll have the opportunity to build on the company’s wide-ranging accomplishments to do something even more incredible.
You’ll have the freedom to collaborate, explore, set your own rules and take your career wherever you want it to go.
Feel the inspiration that comes from working with wildly talented people and the rush that comes from doing work that makes a lasting impact. Recent projects like HoloLens provide just a glimpse of the remarkable things we will accomplish.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team. Come build on Microsoft’s far-reaching momentum. Build on your career. Build on what we do and how we do it.
Specialties: Business Software, Design Tools, Developer Tools, Entertainment Products, Hardware, Home & Educational Software, Tablets, Search, Advertising, Servers, Windows Operating System, Windows Applications & Platforms, Smartphones, Cloud Computing