- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
New Zealand - Christchurch, Christchurch
Our Christchurch Civil Infrastructure team is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage Three Waters related projects in Christchurch and the wider region.
Due to long-term project pipeline and growth we are currently looking for a Project Manager to work with our Three Waters lead to assist in the delivery of interesting and innovative water projects. You will ideally have a project management background, coupled with prior exposure to water related civil engineering or civil infrastructure construction standards and frameworks in New Zealand.
The position of Project Manager will suit a proven yet innovative Project Manager with a broad understanding of Project Management principles and a full understanding of what it means to deliver good quality projects to agreed deadlines and budgets. Alongside this, you would demonstrate proven knowledge in construction methodology and have local experience in client-side project delivery.
We will consider a wide range of experience levels for this role of Project Manager and will be broadly looking for some or all the following specific criteria;
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar
- Broad Project Management experience in a civil construction environment
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, to schedule and to client parameters including an understanding of project management frameworks
- Ability to confidently support projects and Senior Project Managers in delivering projects worth up to $20m in capital value
- A demonstrable background in commercial acumen and the ability to develop engaging stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative, knowledge-sharing ethical behaviour in a client-facing environment
- Strong commitment to safety and understanding of OH&S best practice and obligations.
- Familiarity with financial and contractual obligations and a confidence in holding such discussions with clients
- Strong ability to readily understand technical issues, facilitate discussions and confidently support client negotiations
- Ideally, demonstratable and practical project management skills through a Project Management diploma or similar would prove useful (although not essential)
- Relevant Civil Engineering or other master’s degree
- Extensive Civil Engineering or Infrastructure project exposure
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country New Zealand
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228713BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project
- project manager