- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ABOUT GEN-I GROUPThe GEN-I Group, which comprises GEN-I, d.o.o. operating in more than 20 countries, is one of the fastest growing and most innovative players on the European energy market.
With 15 subsidiaries, we connect Germany and France in the West, to Georgia and Turkey in the East. Our global presence in wholesale energy markets enables us to generate numerous synergies by exploiting our extensive market expertise, highly qualified trading personnel, and efficient organization and business processes, which are maintained to the highest standards. A centrally coordinated trading infrastructure is linked effectively with local wholesale markets, creating a platform of excellence and facilitating our sales and origination activities in local markets.
With infrastructure in two core business activities, trading and sales, we enable all of our business partners (i.e. producers, utilities, energy traders and end-customers) to take full advantage of the opportunities that arise in the energy markets.
We are looking for a Proprietary Trader who will join the team in Ljubljana.
- set up and grow the prop trading activities in the liquid markets
- trading power and gas across the liquid markets (CWE markets),
- managing a proprietary power trading book,
- identifying, developing, and implementing trading strategies,
- tracking open positions, responsibility for PnL
- improving processes in the areas of energy trading and risk management to ensure robustness, efficiency and excellence
- monitoring junior traders, close interaction with analytical team
- Bachelor's/MSc degree in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, or related technical field
- proven track record (at least 5 years) of profitable power and gas trading experience on CWE markets, excellent understanding of German and France power and gas markets
- commercial mind-set with a clear understanding of financial risk and option value
- strategic thinking and goal orientation
- excellent analytical and mathematic skills (fundamental data analysis)
- high level of computer skills: Excel – essential, VBA, Python - basic knowledge
- able to cope in dynamic environment with rapid business growth
- strong communication and negotiation skills, good team player
- excellent English language skills
Ljubljana is up-and-coming, young and vibrant, filled with culture, sport and an ever-evolving food scene. You won't have a hard time getting around, as Slovenia is the world's 6th most English-proficient country.
If you’re interested of becoming a part of our GEN-I team, please apply by sending your CV to our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!
- directors and executives