- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb’s public policy team aims to work closely with politicians, regulators, and legislators to introduce them to Airbnb and the collaborative economy, highlight the significant social and economic impact our business has on local areas, and showcase best practices from around the world. We want policy makers to understand the regulatory challenges that affect our host community and find models that are good for cities and our thriving local communities.
In Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), we are engaged in well over a hundred local conversations and negotiations with governments big and small, and at local, regional and national levels across the region in making the case for fair, progressive home sharing rules.
We are looking for a Public Policy Manager to support our campaigns across The Netherlands & Nordics (Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland), based in Amsterdam. This role is a key member of The Netherlands & Nordics campaign team, helping to define the detailed policy goals of our campaigns in the six countries, and working alongside other functional experts to deliver an integrated campaign plan that meets those goals.
This role will report to the Campaign Manager for The Netherlands & Nordics.
In this role you must be skilled in policy project delivery as well as engagement with a wide variety of stakeholders. You will be expected to work confidently on a municipal, regional and national level, to help stakeholders understand the contribution that our community makes, and engage them in the process of creating fair legal and regulatory frameworks that embrace the potential of the collaborative economy.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb’s mission, and have proven experience in regulatory and political work in a relevant business or non-governmental organisation, or in a political, governmental or regulatory context.
Frequent travel within The Netherlands and Nordics should be expected, along with occasional travel within Europe and to our global headquarters in San Francisco.
- Take the lead on policy questions, working directly with legislators and governmental bodies on Airbnb’s priority issues, including drafting and negotiating language for legislation, drafting comments on administrative registrations, and authoring substantive issue briefs and position papers.
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with an extensive network of contacts in local, regional and national legislative, executive and administrative offices.
- Represent Airbnb in meetings with government and political stakeholders, in coalitions and collaborations to advance Airbnb’s advocacy initiatives, and - as necessary - with media.
- Support the Campaign Manager in developing strategies and determining policy objectives across the market.
- Flag local policy issues that may have pan-regional implications, and work with colleagues elsewhere in Europe and in San Francisco to develop global solutions and approaches as required.
- At least four years of direct experience in local or national politics, government, regulator, public affairs, political campaigning or the field of corporate public policy or non-governmental organisation at some level. Policy-expertise in tourism, housing, urban development or the digital economy would be a significant advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of the political landscape and legislative processes in the Netherlands is mandatory, for the Nordics an asset; wider knowledge of housing and/or tax legislation is an asset.
- First-rate personal, political, analytical and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to establish networks within political stakeholder communities on local, regional and/or national level.
- An eye for detail - with an ability to quickly get up to speed on complex regulatory issues.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a multi-task work environment while producing the highest calibre work product in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with a good sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment.
- Candidate must speak fluent Dutch and English.
*Please submit your application in English*
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.