- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Afghanistan - Bagram, Bagram
AECOM has an exciting opportunity in Afghanistan on the EAGLE contract for a Quality Specialist - Vehicle/Equipment – RH . Performs inspections on different classifications of wheeled vehicles/equipment at the unit levels in compliance with COSIS standards referenced IAW TM 38-470. Conducts initial inspections upon delivery of equipment and records data information for the processing of maintenance work orders troubleshoots identified faults and in-process inspections as required during the repair phase. Conducts a final inspection upon completion of maintenance repairs to ensure quality product outputs are met. Prepares records of inspection/tests and makes them available to the QA/QC Department. Verifies procedures being used are adequate for the effective control of quality, rejects defective workmanship and materials, and verifies and certifies the test results on supporting documents. Provides guidance and technical assistance to PMCS Supervisor on inspection principles of workmanship, procedures to be employed, and quality of work expected. Ensures compliance with government and corporate regulations, company SOPs, directives, and technical manuals to establish and maintain a quality management program. Maintains cross-talk with QA and LAR representatives. Mechanical knowledge is required. Cross trains when required to ensure maximum flexibility and possession of technical skills in the development and maintenance of quality programs. Conducts surveillances and performs other administrative duties as required per TM 38-470. Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the AC FIRST Safety Policies and Procedures. Instills a safety first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries. Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of the AC FIRST Quality Management System. Performs other duties as assigned.
- NACI/Tier 1 for US Citizens and PCC for Non US Citizens
- Certification & License:
- Valid driver’s license, is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years’ experience as a MHE mechanic required.
- Prior inspection experience preferred.
- Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements and/or educational achievements may be substituted for years of experience. Example: Two (2) years of experience is equivalent to (2) years of college and vice versa
- Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Must be able to obtain a 5984-E Army Standard license upon arrival in Afghanistan. b) TIA training may be required
- Must have knowledge of diagnostic tools and forms used at the unit level.
- Must be able to read vehicle/equipment schematics.
- Must have thorough knowledge of military technical publications.
- Must have a collaborative work style that fosters cooperation and team work.
- U S Army MOS 91 Series or other military equivalent preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230562BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.