- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster.
Our Risk solutions are designed to help senior risk executives and heads of risk departments:
- Improve financial performance by reducing losses, improving capital management and building a risk-aware culture throughout the organization
- Transcend operational silos with an enterprise-wide, fully integrated risk modeling framework that consolidates risk information and provides an accurate, unified view of risk exposures, and delivers critical information to those who need it when they need it
- Reduce time and cost of compliance by establishing processes to ensure data consistency and integrity, and demonstrating system accuracy and control to regulators with documented audit trails, process transparency and complete traceability.
SAS Risk solutions cover the following areas:
- Credit scoring & internal rating
- Regulatory risk management
- Asset Liability Management and Banking Book Interest Rate Return
- Stress testing, IFRS
- Risk measurement, including market, counterparty credit & operational risk
- Governance, risk & compliance
- Capital planning & stress testing
- Data management, reporting & dashboarding.
Risk is a key strategic focus area for SAS globally. SAS is recognized as one of the world’s leading employers, and the quality of its solutions. This role represents an exciting opportunity for a talented risk management & technology professional to join a highly regarded and growing business.
Provides consulting services, including solution development, implementation and project closeout at customer sites, assists sales teams with sales activities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Works and collaborates with others on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Serve as a lead consultant or oversight capacity for Risk projects; effectively oversee delivery of the solution, production of the deliverables and coach/develop staff
- Gather and analyze clients' functional requirements converting them into effective solution designs
- Proactively identify and assess project risk and produces actions to resolve or contingency plans; where necessary escalating to management
- Coach/Train the client in the use of the application/business solution, either formally or through 1-1 knowledge transfer
- Present design/solution/application to the client, as appropriate, throughout the project lifecycle
- Bring industry knowledge to bear for risk intelligence and modeling
- Develop and present strategies and roadmaps for clients and prospects in the area of risk intelligence
- Facilitate workshops/meetings/demos with clients (including C level), SAS and/or industry personnel
- Looks for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client, utilizing SAS Technical Support to facilitate responses to issues that may impact a sales opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Is the recognized technical expert in designated SAS risk solutions in the region. Provide technical support, mentoring and training to Risk consultants in the region.
- Superior knowledge of SAS products, peripheral technologies and implementation best practices for designing complex, multi-solution architectures.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review exist at this level.
Education & Experience:
- 10 years in consulting, or risk management or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Applied Finance, Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Managed/led large risk projects in banking sector
- FRM(Financial Risk Manager) by GARP, PRMIA certification or CFA are preferred
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in SAS Risk solutions or competitor solutions for credit risk or IFRS
About the company
SAS helps you make sense of the message. As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms your data into insights that give you a fresh perspective on your business. You can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t. And discover new opportunities.