- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
See job description for detailsMORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about solving complex problems and reducing risk for the firm and its clients?
We are looking for motivated individuals to join our EMEA G20 Regulation Reporting & Monitoring Team who want to use their skills to actively contribute towards successfully meeting our client's regulatory reporting obligations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Consumer Investment Management Division (CIMD) delivers asset management and wealth management capabilities to clients around the world. The Operations team is a multi-faceted group that partners with all areas of the division to support evolving markets and business requirements. The Regulatory Middle Office (RMO) is a global team who oversees CIMD regulatory reporting and leads or provides SME input into regulatory reform initiatives. To achieve this, the team partners with internal and external stakeholders including Regulators, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Trading Desks, Client Relationship Managers, Engineering, Legal and Compliance.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will effectively contribute towards the exercise or oversight of our clients regulatory reporting obligations (EMIR, SFTR, ASIC & SWISS)
• You will be responsible for identifying trade reporting exceptions and issues and recommending remediation solutions
• You will perform verification, validations and testing of trade data prior to submission to regulators
• You will provide oversight of accuracy and completeness of trade reporting where delegated to trading counterparties and work closely with them to resolve discrepancies
• You will clearly articulate open risk to Head of G20 Regulation Reporting & Monitoring and effectively escalate issues when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as proficiency with web-based applications
• Strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who has strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities within deadlines
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
• Basic understanding of the financial industry including active interest in Operations
• Experience in Asset Management Operations
• Experience in an Operations Control Environment
• Regulatory experience of MIFID II, EMIR, SFTR, ASIC or SWISS Reporting
• Good understanding of financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivative and OTC derivatives
• Trade life cycle knowledge
• Working experience with operating on large data sets (incl. SQL)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.