- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Release Coordinator - 90229894
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:29 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
IB Reference Data
Prague, Czech Republic
What will you be doing?
Overall purpose of the role is following:
• Release planning, scheduling, deployment into non-production environments, impact analysis for releases, source code version control gatekeeping, roll back planning, preparation of release notes, coordination of releases into production environment.
• Capacity and events management for non-production environments. Working closely with infrastructure teams to keep environments and applications running on them stable in high quality.
Release planning, ensure successful deployment, impact analysis for releases, negotiate for SLA if there is any vendor involvement, source code version control, roll back planning, preparation of release notes, ensure change management signoff.
• Controlling release of software into production environment
• Use of source code control repository (GIT) to control individual streams of work
• Adhere to strict procedure and governance & understand their importance
• Preparation of release plans, release test criteria and post-implementation checkout plans
• Liaise with development to understand impact of changes
• Coordinate of resources from various support team to assist with release
• Notify business and other IT teams of impact of release and liaise with them to obtain UAT sign-off
• Notification to business and IT teams on progress of release
• Maintenance of and suggesting improvements to release procedures and release control software
• Able to communicate clearly on technical issues
Participation in responsibility of the control and maintenance of multiple testing and pre-production environments (approx. 200 servers with Linux, Windows OS and MSSQL, Oracle DBs).
• Manage environment refreshes from production.
• Assign suitable environments for development & testing efforts to best avoid conflicts.
• Liaise with external teams to meet their testing requirements.
• Work with development team to determine future hardware requirements.
• Manage and monitor JIRA tickets for deployments in environments.
• Spearhead in environment management checklist and processes
• Manage forecasts and delivery checkout of infrastructure
• Assist development & downstream teams with UAT Support
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge of UNIX and Windows OS. (environment and infrastructure management + ability to read and possibly write small scripts)
• Understanding of SDLC and ITIL.
• Experience of running controlled code releases into production environments
• Must be a good communicator, self-starter, problem solver and a team player
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of source code control systems
• Knowledge of relational database systems (preferably MSSQL, Oracle)
• Degree educated
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.