- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Release Manager - Technology ServicesAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Communicates ongoing release status and schedule changes to internal department management.
• Works with the quality assurance function to ensure software bugs and defects are addressed prior to moving to the next stage of the release process
• Co-chairs the Release meetings.
• Serves as customer contact point for conflict resolution of and questions pertaining to the scheduling of all changes to the desktop computing environment under release scope.
• Maintains the annual release management calendar for desktop changes. Develops and maintains comprehensive release plans.
• Follows up on all deployments to verify and quantify whether or not those deployments were successful.
• Develops and implements an ITIL-based release management process. Defines standards and writes procedures for release management.
• Leads efforts to establish and improve upon release and change management process improvements and enhancements. Participates in other process improvement initiatives for related functions as needed.
• Conducts release management statistical analysis and reporting. Defines the metrics for measuring the effectiveness of release management
Our Ideal Candidate
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Knowledge of ITIL Change and Release Management processes and principles
• Strong knowledge of industry best practices around software release and implementation processes (SCCM Infra)
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) products
• Familiarity with BMC Remedy Action Request System is a plus
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
• Ability to lead and act as a focal point for a large number of people working to test and deploy new releases
• Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Able to plan, schedule and monitor own work, and that of others, in order to meet time and quality targets.
• Able to collect, summarize, and analyze information in support of release management objectives.
• Able to absorb rapidly new technical information and apply it effectively.
• Able to work to required standards and to understand and use the appropriate methods, tools and applications.
• Good appreciation of wider field of IT, how IT is used in relevant employment areas and how IT relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
• Maintains awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes responsibility for personal development.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.