- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Senior Management
Closing On 02 Jan 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The Living Analytics Research Centre (LARC) is a research centre set up inSingapore Management University (SMU)andCarnegie Mellon University (CMU)as our strategic partner that focuses on analytics in the fields ofUrban and Community Liveability,Personalised Urban Mobility,Jobs and Skills Intelligence, as well asSmart Consumption and Healthy Lifestyle. Candidates who join us can also expect to gain a deeper knowledge in the following areas such asBig Data Analytics,Data Mining,Machine Learning,Deep Learning, Human Computer Interaction, Urban Computingandother relevant disciplines.
The Research Scientist will work with faculty researchers on one or more of the following research topics in the urban/social computing, smart cities and consumer business domains.
- Data and Text Mining
- Deep Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Big Data Infrastructure
- Machine Learning
- Social-Urban Sensing
The candidate will also be responsible for one or more the following aspects:
- Design research methodologies
- Develop algorithms and models
- Conduct data science studies
- Design and conduct experiments
- Design and implement applications, tools and systems
- Develop analytics capabilities in big data infrastructure
- PhD in Computer Science and related disciplines
- Good knowledge in relevant research topics and related research skills
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++ and C
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks independently
- Excellent team player and possess strong inter-personal skills
- Analytical and meticulous with attention to details