- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
RFT Margin Database Expert - 90221887
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:4 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
RFT Margin Database Expert
Czech Republic, Prague
About the Risk, Finance and Treasury Transaction cycle
Our Risk, Finance and Treasury (RFT) Technology team comprises c.3,500 colleagues operating across the UK, US, India and Czech Republic. We are accountable for the delivery of business change and technology transformation for Risk, Finance and Treasury Functions globally, working in partnership with our business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions to help achieve Barclays’ strategic goals.
We support over 450 applications and a user base of 7,000+ staff across all Business Units, legal entities and major geographic hubs. We enable them to effectively manage capital and liquidity, assess internal and external risk metrics, meet regulatory reporting requirements and provide a strong second line of defence.
Our strategy is to deliver Technology solutions faster, cheaper and safer, by simplifying processes and infrastructure while improving our control environment and leveraging opportunities to use consistent and reliable data across Barclays.
What will you be doing?
The role is part of RFT Technology Margin Function delivering regulatory Margin and Risk metrics to meet regulatory uncleared IA requirements for adequate risk and margin management.
Reporting into the development manager in the team, the candidate will have the opportunity to participate in all stages of the development process – requirements gathering, specification, implementation, testing and deployment either alone or with other members of the team.
The candidate will be responsible for writing, designing and generally overseeing changes in a high transactional online database holding over 1TB of data.
You will be responsible for:
• Production SQL database from a development perspective
• Non production SQL database
• Responsible for packaging up database release scriptsOwn SSIS pipelines into database
• Plan future of the databases such as new hardware, new software
• Automation of a backtesting process which database driven from
• Working directly with stakeholders to understand requirements and data to investigate issues and improve database performance
• Work with the wider development team to ensure database changes are in line with the database schema
• Script up or prototype test feeds where required to use as a reference for the strategic implementation in the platform
• Recognizing, selecting and applying appropriate design patterns, frameworks according to business benefit, maintainability and delivery priorities and constrains
• Hands-on solving the problems to deliver the business requirements in relation to OTC products and developing systems that process large data volumes
• Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and database deployment via appropriate tools
What we’re looking for:
• 8+ years SQL development including experience of designing, optimising and maintaining a transactional system.
• Strong experience with database performance and tuning database queries, writing efficient functions, stored procedures and complex database queries.
• Ability to work in high-loaded environment with large datasets (1TB+ of data);
• Experience in software testing and using SQL tools T-SQL and SSIS;
• Experience working with distributed VCS, Git is a preference;
• Strong communicator, advanced level in English as will be working with teams globally;
• Extensive experience applying software development best practices, as well as DevOps and agile processes.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to understand and debug C# code
• Understanding of VaR computation and additional analytical financial metrics
• Prior Investment Banking experience
• Ability to understand the business context of requirements and apply to the task in hand
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.