- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
SAN Administrator About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The individual will join the Global Storage Team which is part of Technology Services, the department responsible for delivering IT services to all lines of business within Standard Chartered (the 'Bank').
- The role will provide support and management of the SAN infrastructure that underpins many of the Bank's business critical services hosted Global Data Centres as well as in-country tech centres.
- The SAN Administrator will report to the Global SAN Service Manager and work closely with other members of the team to fulfil operational and project tasks that will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provision, configure, maintain and troubleshoot multiple SAN Infrastructure (Arrays, Switches) hosted in Core DC as well as in-country.
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance, optimise and stabilise SAN infrastructure, making proactive recommendations to the SAN Service Manager. This will include, but not be limited to, areas of capacity, performance, availability, stability, cost and support roadmaps.
- Perform periodic capacity and performance planning of the SAN infrastructure and inform the SAN Service Manager of key findings and recommendations.
- Respond to and resolve SAN related incidents, managing all necessary communication with other technical teams and the management team.
- Participate in an on-call and shift rota to support internal business customers of the SAN service.
- Perform daily operations such as daily health checks.
- Support auditory, regulatory and risk and compliance initiatives that contain deliverables related to the SAN service.
- The individual will be expected to have a good knowledge of core IT protocols and systems (virtualisation, servers, networks, storage, databases, data centres, and security) and, ideally, have a system administration background. The role will demand the ability to learn new platforms and technologies and apply this knowledge to business needs.
- The individual is expected to understand the principles of SAN and disaster recovery methodologies.
- The individual will have an awareness of the responsibilities and dependencies of a storage team within a large IT department, and use this knowledge to develop relationships with other teams, with a view to becoming a key member of the department.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in HDS, DELL-EMC
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related discipline, or equivalent business experience.
- Design, configure and support the following:
- DELL SAN Arrays (VMAX, PowerMax, Unity), HDS (USPV, G1500, G100)
- Brocade and Cisco SAN Fabrics
- SAN Tools and Products used for Monitoring, Performance
- SAN Tools and Products like CLI
- Scripting using Python, PERL
- Have a good understanding and experience of SAN Domain migrations, Client upgrades
- An awareness of UNIX/Linux, Windows and virtualisation platforms (VMware, Hyper-V) and their integration with SAN technologies
Skills and Behaviours:
- The person should have excellent written and verbal communications skills, being able to converse in a clear and concise manner with contacts within Technology Services and the business.
- Excellent documentation skills, capable of delivering procedural documentation of a high standard.
- Excellent technical problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Familiarity with operational IT disciplines such as problem, change and risk management, project management and status reporting.
- An ability to work proactively and without continuous supervision, taking responsibility for the areas in which they work and performing research when necessary.
- The person will be prudent and pay close attention to detail when performing storage related tasks.
- The person will deliver operational and project commitments to a high standard.
- The person will have awareness of the department's procedures, and support the management team when responding to support incidents and service failures.
- Team working skills are essential.
- Ability to work in pressurised environment.
- Ability to prioritise work load.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .
- ms project