- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
The position offers interesting work for knowledgeable and experienced consulting engineers with strong network security expertise and developed customer-facing consulting skills.
Projects vary considerably between security reviews; design and implementation of Cisco security products; and involvement as part of virtual multi-discipline teams as the security lead in large-scale design and implementation projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- ability to take the lead role in projects, managing less experienced engineers to ensure a successful outcome to the project.
- Responsibility for delivery of both transactional and subscription project
- Lead in large-scale design and implementation projects. These projects entail the integration of multiple technologies that the Consulting Engineer is expected to master such as ISE, NGIPS, NGFW, ESA, WSA, etc.
Who You'll Work With
With a varied workload and travel schedule, you will be working as part of the Global Security Services organization. You will interact cross functionally at Cisco with Project Management Office (PMO), sales/pre-sales team, service delivery and technical support teams. Externally, you will be representing Cisco to our customers and clients as a technical liaison.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 10 years of security experience is mandatory of which at least 6 must be on network security with a deep and primary technical focus.
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment using security products from Cisco and other vendors.
- Very strong technical account liaison and customer management / consulting skills are mandatory.
- Expert level knowledge in network security including architecture and configuration of:
- NGFW/IPS (FP9300/4100/2100),
- ASA and Firepower
- Email and Web security (ESA / WSA)
- Cisco Identity Service Engine, Cisco routers, and a wide range of security products are essential for the role.
- CCIE Security qualified.
- University/college degree equivalent is expected and an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Other beneficial qualifications are CISSP, TOGAF, CCDE, CEH, CISA and CISM, or other relevant security qualifications such as those from Check Point, Netscreen, Symantec etc.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
#security #networkconsulting #CCIESecurity
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.