- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Millions of people use Office 365 every day. Exchange has taken the mission of winning our users’ communications all up by offering the best Inbox, People, Groups, and Calendar experiences in the market.
You will be working with the search team in Exchange that is driving the overall search experience for Office 365. The team will own and deliver E2E search experience across various scenarios.
If you enjoy working on a core technology, this is a fantastic opportunity to build solutions and user experiences that will be used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide in the cloud, as well as on-premise in the largest organizations on this planet. We are looking for a smart SDE who is passionate about building highly-scalable backend software and who can demonstrate strong technical leadership and collaboration skills; an engineer who can come up with creative solutions to difficult technical problems and help an entire team deliver.
Our development processes are agile. It is only a few hours before your code makes it to the official build and is consumed by hundreds of other engineers. The engineers you'll be working with are constantly looking for new technology and tools to increase productivity of the whole team. Our back-end is mostly implemented in .NET technologies and our search backend is implemented on top of FAST technology.
Your will have the opportunity:
- To ensure all the content including text, attachment, images etc. is indexed properly and accurately. This includes using Open Source components for document understanding as well as cognitive ML models for image and other media types.
- To deliver content parsing understanding quality in the matter of tens of milliseconds to fulfill the need for real-time/near real-time pipeline requirement.
- To design and deliver multi-prone infrastructure to balance the need of latency requirement and index freshness
- To understand and drive metrics that can measure user satisfaction on query results and improve on it
- To understand and deal with real world issues by being in the on-call rotation