- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are currently experiencing a very high demand for SEN TAs in our schools in Camberwell and Southwark. We are looking for Teaching Assistants who have had experience of working either in Special needs schools.
You will ideally have had experience of working with individual children with a range of SEN. Alternatively you may have experience of spending time with friends or relations with children with SEN.
This role would also suit you if you are considering a career in teaching as knowledge and experience of SEN is very valuable.
These are all challenging but rewarding roles and support and guidance is freely available in the schools in which we work.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Makaton, PECS or Team-Teach training - not essential
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Experience in a Classroom environment
- Good Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- A Positive, Proactive, Professional, Friendly and Outgoing Personality
- Special Needs Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
- Work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties aged between 3 and 19 years old
- To support the class teacher within a special needs environment
- Assisting with personal care tasks such as changing and feeding the children
- Working with the class teacher and up to three other support staff within the classroom
- Assisting and supporting the children with classroom work, as well as offsite trips
- Daily rate from £70, depending on experience
- Part time and full time options available.
Please get in touch with us for more details.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Reeson Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Reeson Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Reeson Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.