- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ·Working with the AVP and Senior Manager Quantitative Risk, encourage effective management of key risks and embedding of risk culture in relation to financial, insurance and model risks as well as integrated quantitative analysis.
- ·Provide analysis of the financial and insurance risk profile monitoring through the review and challenge of reports and analysis performed by the first line of defence.
- ·Contribute to the embedding of Aviva’s Risk Management Framework in respect to financial, insurance and model risks, as well as economic capital and quantitative risk appetite metrics.
- ·Support local or global initiatives from a risk perspective.
- Perform Internal Model Independent Validation for selected validation areas and in accordance with a pre-defined test plan. Report and justify findings for the validation report.
- Perform risk reviews of reports or analysis, including financial risk analysis (e.g. strategic asset allocation), insurance risk analysis (e.g. pricing analysis) and integrated quantitative analysis (e.g. economic capital, scenario testing).
- In collaboration with other members of the Risk team, support risk reviews of business plan and support identification and classification of risks faced by Aviva Canada.
- Analyse drivers of economic and regulatory capital risk appetite and advise management on potential changes
- Support oversight and management of model risk governance.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent.
- Five to eight actuarial exams
- Strong technical skills.
- Flexible and able to work in an environment that is changing rapidly.
- Ability to facilitate effective discussions in group meetings with diverse, cross-functional backgrounds participation.
- Advanced Excel
- Proficient with a number of actuarial modelling tools or programming languages
- Familiar with model validation techniques
- Comfortable with financial statements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Four or more years of experience in actuarial role in insurance industry or equivalent.
- Experience in actuarial modelling or model validation
- Risk management, reserving, pricing or economic capital background
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.