- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kuala Lumpur
Senior Analyst About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Manage and/or resolve alerts/cases:
o Follow the Correspondent Banking DOI to process risk events in line with the Assess, Analyse, Act (AAA) process.
• Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally across all relevant jurisdictions.
• Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
• In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the FCSU to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
People and talent
• Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
• FCC Controls representatives in group and country.
• Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCSU,
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
For Grade B: 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in the following areas:
For Grade C: 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in the following areas:
• Sanctions and screening (name and transaction) surveillance skills
• Analysis skills: able to analyze data, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
• Banking: knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions
• Banking operations experience (Client Due Diligence, payments, trade, markets or other) and service oriented attitude.
• Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).]
This Job Description should be read in conjunction with the relevant terms of reference, the Group's Governance Manual which sets out responsibilities for establishing, maintaining and implementing the Group's high level systems and controls, policies and procedures, and the jobholder's contract of employment. The jobholder acknowledges that he / she has understood and will abide by the responsibilities set out in the Governance Manual as well as ensure compliance with Group Code of Conduct, and the local regulators Statements of Principle and Code of Practice for Regulated roles
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. By providing equal opportunities we foster a work environment which embraces diversity and gets the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain business performance and competitive advantage. We build an inclusive culture by demonstrating respect for each other's unique strengths and perspectives to enable every employee to develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their potential.
The signed job description should be part of the job library and be used for P3 objective purposes, development needs, and hiring requirements as needed.
** Please include Local / Regional/ Country Regulatory role requirement details as necessary.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.