- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Petaling Jaya
Senior Analyst - Risk and Controls GroupWhat is the opportunity?
This role resides within the Risk and Controls Group under RBC's Group Risk Management within U.S. Enterprise Risk. This position will support the effort to build and implement effective & consistent execution of RBC risks and control frameworks, including but not limited to Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs) across multiple functional areas, as well as the deployment of control methodologies and control testing, both for the CCAR Program, as well as non-CCAR programs.
The group's primary goal is to enhance independent 2nd line control oversight and efficiency through the standardization and assurance of comprehensive risk identification, and evaluation of controls identified. This role includes heavy analysis of processes related to CCAR, Market Risk, Credit Risk and other functional areas so that identified risk and control gaps and impacted areas leverage information for continuous improvement. This dynamic position provides opportunities for working across RBC, including but not limited to working with LOBs, CCAR, US Data Office, Technology, Finance and Audit and other functions.
What will you do?
- Demonstrate understanding of operational risk, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards.
- Achieve understanding of CCAR and Risk Management (Credit, Liquidity, Market, etc) business processes through review of procedures, process maps, RCSAs, and stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in the development of test scripts to be used for testing.
- Perform risk-based testing activities that independently evaluate the design and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to CCAR and non-CCAR businesses.
- Create and memorialize detailed control testing documentation and commentary.
- Assist with maintenance of various trackers regarding risk and control issues identified, as well as Internal Audit findings.
- Assist with the validation and closure of control issues as identified through testing.
- Assist with the remediation of findings issued by Internal Audit and external regulatory bodies.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's Degree (in Accounting, Finance, or other Business related field)
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience in relevant or complimentary capacities
- Knowledge of CCAR and stress testing requirements as well as regulations related to capital planning and risk management
- Control mindset and knowledge of maintaining effective control environments
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of financial services products (commercial loans, CRE, construction loans and residential mortgages, etc.)
- Knowledge of business process analysis and design
- Exposure to control design and effectiveness testing
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks, proposing solutions and/or exercising sound and balanced judgement
- Previous Compliance, Audit, Risk, Control and/or Regulatory experience a plus
- Previous Consulting experience a plus
- CCAR experience a plus
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded