- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you driven by managing contract strategies with technical counterparts to serve and protect Totals best commercial interests? If yes, then this position in the Contracts & Procurement department at Total in Esbjerg might be your match!
Overall, you are the one to proactively manage a portfolio of work assignments, prioritize tasks accordingly and report any issues that may have an adverse effect on performance. Furthermore, you will ensure and verify that all activities to which the jobholder is assigned are conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the company rules, procedures and reporting any non-conformities to line management.
These areas of responsibilities will include tasks such as:
- Conduct the job in a way that best optimizes Totals HSE performance, reputation and profitability
- Establish contracting strategies with technical counterparts to serve and protect company’s best commercial interests
- Propose and recommend suitable contractors/suppliers for bidder lists to optimize tendering
- Compiling, issuing and administering ‘Invitation to Tender’ packages to procure the most realistic and commercially attractive proposals from potential suppliers
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost-effective commercial agreements
- Review and consider legal aspects associated with tendering, contract award and administration
- Draft appropriate contractual and commercial terms and conditions to best serve and protect company interests
- Ensure contracting activities meet audit requirements in compliance with Total policies and DK/EU legislation
- Provide general assistance and advice on contractual and procurement matters as required to support the Tyra Redevelopment Project. Context and environment
Total offers you a unique opportunity to join one of the top 5 Oil & Gas majors operating in more than 130 countries with over 150 nationalities in 500 professions. This means that you will be able to engage, share knowledge, gain cultural intelligence and become part of a collective success in terms of cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary project teams.
In becoming the responsible energy major committing to better energy, there is still a need for hydrocarbons in meeting energy demands. Meeting the energy needs of a larger population is therefore essential in the core business of exploring and producing oil & gas for as many people as possible. This is where you come in; Take action today and shape tomorrow’s energy in Total at our office in Esbjerg. Our 98,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. With diversity and mobility being the hallmarks of Total, you will both get to develop professionally and personally.
As Senior Contract Engineer in the Contracts & Procurement department , you will be able to shape and develop a central role with great influence in preparing, negotiating and monitoring the administration of contracts/purchase orders for works, goods and services to ensure commercial interests are both served and protected. This is with the possibility to continuously learn and develop your competencies in promoting the C&P function as a managed process. You will get to use your knowledge and experience applying a range of techniques when acting as a focal point with assigned client groups, communicating and cooperating with technical counterparts, to proactively facilitate effective relationships, contract planning, award and contract management.
The job offered is a 1 year fixed term contract with extension possibilities.
For HR related questions regarding this position, please contact Recruitment Partner, Kaj Lund, on +45 4024 5796. For the position/job related questions, please contact Donald Budge , on +45 6113 7443.
Who we are looking for
It is important that you possess a safety mindset and address the job with a strong understanding of the business and people. Naturally, you thrive in a highly independent and visible position in a free and dynamic working environment. Moreover, this position calls for knowledge and understanding of procurement processes including; ethical principles, bidder prequalification, invitation to tender, comparative evaluation of contractors and amendment and close out of contracts . This is with high level experience in preparation and negotiation of complex technical contracts and therefore practical experience of complex technical contracts is relevant. We are looking for a strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals.
- Educational degree qualified in Business, Procurement, Law, Engineering or relevant business area
- 5 years (or more) experience as contract engineer preferably from the offshore oil or petrochemical industries. Alternatively, your experience may have been gained within the construction or wind industries
- Knowledge of different means of contractor remuneration and their commercial implications, practical experience of their use and sound ability to select and draft appropriate provisions
- Experience in commercial negotiations, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general and more specifically in relation to contracts for works, goods and services
- Proficiency in oral and written English. We look forward to receiving your application!
About the company