- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Alphen aan den Rijn
Senior Database Developer (SQL / NoSQL / Cloud)
Are you an experienced Database Developer and excited about working on systems that are critical to the businesses of our clients? Do you wake up in the morning, wanting to get your hands-on large scale, cloud applications that process millions of records every day? Then join our international and fun development teams at the Global Platform Organization with Wolters Kluwer!
At Wolters Kluwer we provide information, software and services that deliver vital insights, intelligent tools and guidance of subject-matter experts, such as doctors, clinicians, lawyers and accountants.
We are all about creating top-notch online services for a variety of professional customers worldwide. Everything we do is driven by state-of-the-art software.
The Wolters Kluwer Global Platform Organization (GPO) is assigned with the acceleration of the time-to-market and innovation rate of Wolters Kluwer businesses globally, by leveraging both local and centralized innovations across the company. Our technologists are crucial to the success of our customers.
- Design and implement innovative SQL/NON SQL database solutions within the cloud.
- Participate in reviews and provide feedback on Requirements, Design Documents and Specifications.
- Participate within the DB Team to increase the use of automation and related tools so as to increase reliability, repeatability, quality, and time to market
- Provide support to Operations and QA colleagues as required.
- Investigate production issues and provide root causes for issues affecting production systems
- Review Business Requirements and Software System Designs for gaps and testability.
- Assist in developing effective and efficient Test Strategies to support Development Programs, Projects, and Prototyping activities
- Assist in developing and defining test data requirements to execute defined test strategies.
- Deliver quality projects on time, within scope and within budget. Your profile
- A Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in computer science or related field
- 5 + years of professional experience in SQL Database Administration & Architecture
- 3 + years architecting and administering SQL databases
- Experience managing large scale database systems
- Experience in an Agile development environment, preferably Scrum and/or Kanban
- Exposure to interpretation of Java Stack Traces
- Experience with SQL Always On would be preferred
- Understanding of the capabilities of vendor infrastructure products
- Working knowledge on Capacity planning and performance measurement
- NON-SQL experience is desirable
- Stored procedures
- JSON and XML data processing
- Strong mentoring skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, particularly in crafting messages and status reports to Business Partners
- You work well amongst culturally diverse teams and are a team player and a good listener We offer
We are a fast growing, financially healthy and listed organization. You will be part of a diverse, global workforce and join the GPO Finance team at Wolters Kluwer’s global head office in Alphen aan den Rijn.
We offer a competitive salary and with a fulltime job of 36 hours a week, a good work life balance. Furthermore, a laptop, smartphone, generous contribution to your pension, outstanding international career opportunities and a commitment to invest in your personal development are also part of the package.
In addition to this we have a yearly sports day, a spectacular end of year party, free fruit and most of all, a great environment with fun and professional colleagues!
We are very proud to have been recognized as Dutch Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year!