- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Depositary Analyst, Associate 2Grow your career at State Street:
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Depositary has oversight responsibilities for the Investment Manager's activities in a number of key areas such.
The Depositary is also responsible for the safeguarding of the assets of the authorized fund. This separation of the management of the fund's assets from their ownership is the most fundamental element of investor protection provided by authorized funds.
The Depositary also has a responsibility for protecting the interests of incoming, outgoing and continuing investors in a fund. Whilst not having a direct responsibility for the Manager's activities, the Depositary must take reasonable care to ensure that the Manager is properly discharging its own responsibilities.
Purpose Of Role:
The Senior Depositary Analyst is responsible for analyzing and review the content and monitoring the quality on a wide spectrum of depository control functions, namely cash-flow monitoring, safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions.
- Review cash monitoring work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Review safekeeping of assets work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (custody, asset ownership verification and registration).
- Perform oversight checks on valuation and safekeeping of units work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (subscriptions and redemptions oversight).
- Reconciliations: analyze the output of the reconciliations for specific instruments such as OTC Derivatives, ETD, cash, stock, etc.; make a risk assessment to identify risky items that require to be investigated further and that require escalation.
- NAV calculation: review procedures in place to calculate the NAV and understand the drivers of the NAV calculation, review income distribution calculations; ensure that the receivable and payable accounts linked to shareholder activity are in good order
- Trade settlement, income and cash: risk assessment of trades, cash and income not timely settled/received.
- Investment Restriction Compliance: identify breaches and check if escalation is required.
- Transfer Agency: understand the risk items linked to the transfer agency activity and review the output of the reconciliation of the collection account.
- Collaborates with the Review Team on an ongoing basis
- Assists where required in preparing daily deliverable and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Controls the quality of the prepared work.
- Complete the reviewers' checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all times.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and keep well-documented records.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- The ability to understand complex investment fund structures and to identify the risks inherent in those structures.
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required.
- Experience in finance, custody or funds would be an advantage.
- Excellent English.
- Knowledge about UCITS V and AIFMD regulations
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Previous Level of Experience:
- 1+ years experience in finance, custody or funds fund administration would be recommended