- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary ZAR100,000.00 - ZAR120,000.00 gross per year
- East London
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll work within the software development team, supporting them on the early stages of a Greenfield project that involves advanced monitoring, machine learning and predictive analysis software for the financial services sector. Our UK office is relatively new, and so the ability to devlop and be creative with new products is what makes this role unique. Your role will involve development, system administration, quality assurance and support. You will join the project from the outset and have an opportunity to significantly influence the project architecture. This is a genuine opportunity to be a part of a team that is dedicated to achieving success, through working on a project that is innovative, inspiring and rare to the market.
In your role as Senior DevOps Engineer you will:
- Build our next generation containerised architecture
- Assist the software development team with ad-hoc optimisation and refactoring
- Methodically follow an agile process with Scrum
- Carry out Elastic Stack administration and optimization along with Software packaging, quality assurance, testing and Linux system administration, automation and scripting.SecOps
To be successfully considered for this unique and exciting opportunity you will:
- Have strong knowledge of UNIX and Open Source along with Programming in C++ or Golang
- Have In-depth understanding of infrastructure code tooling, preferably Puppet or Terraform
- Possess excellent Linux system administration experience
- Have a natural passion for building state of the art infrastructure
- Be positive, constructive along with methodical approach with an emphasis on collaboration and execution
Have experience with solutions such as:
- elastic stack, Redhat, Centos or Fedora, Libvirt, KVM/QEMU/Qcow
- Scripting skills in Bash, Perl and/or Python
- NoSQL databases.
- Source control with Git
- RPM creation
- Jenkins expertise, and experience with Job DSL & Jenkinsfiles.
- Docker and containerisation