- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- This role is part of the Business Development team
- Work within a team responsible for the account management of allocated partnerships establish and sustain good working relations for the long term growth of business.
- Within the team, a more senior / experienced role holder will be assigned personal accountability for the business plan of the respective partner and/or specific projects of the function.
- This role will also work closely with the Team Lead to deliver on the tactical/strategic direction to achieve sales target and business objective as well as to ensure all sales and operational processes are compliant with the regulatory & compliance requirements.
- This role shall work closely with the Team Lead to implement the strategic direction of the partnerships under their care and shall ensure that the achievement of their targets and business plan is in congruence with the department’s overall objective.
- Where appropriate, take a lead role with stakeholders at a working level to discuss sales management approaches for target/niche clients.
- Responsible for promoting an environment where a risk management culture can flourish.
- From time to time, will be assigned roles in the development of sales ideas for the Intermediary Distribution team and seeking buy-in of the team.
- Where necessary, the role holder shall engage and collaborate with the team and internal Aviva departments to up the level of operational service standards and for the delivery of business plans.
- Create and maintain a risk management environment that ensures risks taken by the function are identified, assessed and frequently monitored, managed and reported against.
Effective Risk Management/Governance
- Ensure that all sales & operational processes are compliant with all regulatory requirements, executed to the highest standards and within budget.
- Identify, own and manage key risks and controls relevant to your role. Maintain appropriate records and ensure that controls are well designed and operating effectively to keep the risks that they mitigate within Aviva's tolerance level. Report and escalate the status of the relevant risks and controls as appropriate.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable laws and regulations (including personal regulatory accountabilities in relation to fitness and propriety), and relevant Aviva’s Business Standards. Ensure that employees receive adequate training to fulfil their compliance obligations. Ensure that new regulatory requirements impacting the department/function are implemented, and an effective process is in place for regulatory consultations to be reviewed and analysed by subject matter experts. Undertake regular self-assessments of the effectiveness of controls using tools such as regulatory obligations mapping to confirm compliance. Ensure that potential control gaps, failures or breaches that could or have already resulted in a regulatory breach are escalated in accordance with issued guidelines.
RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
- Business Management
- Customer Service
- Product Management & Funds Advisory
- Legal & Compliance
- Distribution Operations
- Distribution Partners ( management , advisers and the support staff of our partners)
- External Agencies / Service Providers / Vendors
SYSTEMS AND CONTROLS
- Responsible for the MIS of sales generated by the partners under their responsibility and work with them on regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Degree in Business/Finance/ Accountancy
- At least 3-5 years of insurance sales or a sales management role.
- Some knowledge of the Life insurance industry with knowledge in Life Health and ILPs products.
- Preferred experience in B-to-B business, account management and relationships.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements in relation to insurance products.
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify key issues and recommend practical solution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly adaptable to changes
- customer service
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.