- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Full Stack Developer – CCDP project - 90228830
Primary Location:Czech Republic-CZ-Prague-Prague
Posting Range:19 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Senior Full Stack Developer – CCDP project
Czech Republic, Prague
About Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology
The Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology team (RFT) comprises 3500 colleagues situated in the major hubs of United Kingdom, United States, India and Czech Republic. We are accountable for the delivery of technology for Risk, Finance and Treasury Functions globally, working in partnership with our Business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions. We support more than 450 applications and a user base of 7000+ staff across all business units and major geographic hubs, enabling them to effectively manage capital and liquidity, assess internal and external risk metrics, and meet regulatory reporting requirements.
This role supports a front office business team within Financial Resource Management (FiRM).
FiRM is responsible for helping to drive returns and manage financial resources as well as structuring and financing activity across Barclays International. This includes managing capital, leverage, risk assets, funding and tax optimisation across all jurisdictions and entities on both the asset and liability side of the balance sheet.
This role will focus around the design, development and support of an existing application and underlying feeds and interfaces, which provide a holistic and informed view of capital, returns, profitability and underlying drivers. The resulting MI is delivered to high-level senior management and provides opportunity for optimisation initiatives across Barclays International.
What will you be doing?
• Participate in overall strategy & design through technical discussions.
• Provision of 1st line support for business user queries.
• Provision of 2nd line support for support and technical issues.
• Proactively problem solve and suggest future enhancements by working with both business and technology teams to understand their requirements and the business problems being resolved.
• Liaising with our support team on issues.
• Coordination of releases and related admin tasks.
• Coordination and planning for infrastructure requirements.
• Understand technical and regulatory matters and ensure compliance and adherence to any relevant policy.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with C# .NET.
• Experience with SQL Server (MSSQL preferred).
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Familiarity with version control systems and Unit testing frameworks.
• Experience of liaising with business users directly to clarify business requirements on complex projects and translate these into design specifications.
• Ability to take ownership of tasks.
• Ability to work on many tasks in parallel.
• Degree level education in a numerate/technical subject
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with Qlik Sense, Windows Powershell, Analysis Services, Autosys, Python.
• Knowledge of Regulatory Capital calculations (e.g. Basel/CRD IV calculations for trade pricing or risk reporting) or Regulatory Reporting (e.g. RWA’s, CRD IV / Basel III, BCBS 270).
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Where will you be working?
With 120 thousands of employees and over 326 years of tradition, we are one of the largest banking company in the world. Over the years, we have come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances; whether it was the first credit card issued in Great Britain or the first ATM machine, we have always been trying to push the banking business a little further. Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
Interested and want
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.