- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Full-stack Software Engineer - CARFAXGeneral Information
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
The Banking & Insurance Group is one of the most successful divisions within CARFAX, serving the insurance, automotive finance, and credit union industries. We are in high-growth mode as the use of vehicle history in these markets is increasing exponentially. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us create and maintain innovative products and applications used by the biggest names in these industries, along with tools to help our internal teams succeed. We are laser-focused on maintaining the highest coding and performance standards since our data is mission-critical to our customers. Our team values intelligence, passion, creativity, teamwork, a sense of humor and fun.
- Be a contributor in a highly collaborative team environment using Agile/XP practices
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Engage in strategic and tactical discussions with product owners on a daily basis
- Work with cross-functional teams like DBAs, network/infrastructure engineers, and other developers on a variety of applications
- Serve as the Development Lead on multiple projects
- Assess/work with new and emerging technologies
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
- 5 + years of total development experience
- Working-level knowledge of AWS
- Java 8/Groovy
- GraphQL/ RESTful/Service Oriented Architectures
- Spock, JUnit, Mockito
- Continuous Integration & Test Driven Development
Nice to have
What we offer
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
----------------------------------------------- IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For informationplease click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.